Coolers

I have RTIC coolers. Been using them for camping, hunting, fishing and a daily truck cooler for roughly 7/8 years. I have a 25, several 45s, a 65 and a 110. Plus a few of their soft coolers. In all these years I have yet to have an issue or replace a seal, latch or any other part. My old marine coolers did the job but I was constantly replacing parts. I recently bought a Yeti 35 for my ranger s x s. Its a very nice cooler but I don't see much difference between my RTICs and my Yeti. I bought the Yeti on their used/ return gear section.
Great price and the color I wanted. Nothing wrong I can find with it. Smelled brand new.

Weldor

WKR
Costco Coho's are good, I had two 150 qt marine roto molded ice chests. To heavy after awhile and to tall to fit under my tonneau cover. When loaded with meat it takes two guys and a Gorilla to move them. I went with the Coleman extereme's same size but much lighter. I keep 2 Grizzly's for normal stuff 60 qt's. They work great in the Desert heat.

My RTIC 145 lid warps on the ends depending on heat, gets so bad the ends lift high enough to create a gap between the gasket so the lid isn't closed on the ends. This started happening when brand new, contacted RTIC and they said since I bought it on sale it was final. I have a soft cooler also, after about a year the glue on the lid released so now I don't have to use the zipper anymore lol. Several Yetis and Pelicans are doing fine, recently bought a bunch of Cordova on the cheap when they had certain colors on sale. They appear to be holding up well and hold ice fine but I haven't done much testing and only had them 6 months or so. My first impression was they were cheaply thrown together and didn't like the fit and finish but they've grown on me and are functionally solid so far.

I have a Lifetime 115 cooler and have used it for about 3 seasons - I am a big fan of the cooler and the price tag as well. I will keep using them and plan to get another 115.

The 115 will fit an entire deer in it quartered or a front and hind quarter of an elk (with some room for ice).

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I dont mean for this to be rude. In my experience those things are garbage by today's standards. Even by old standards they were not good. The hinges failed. That strap that holds lid open failed immediately. Every one had at least half dozen sheet metal screws in it. That was a decent cooler 35 years ago.

Most all cooler talk really comes down to where youre using it. Its like comparing tires.

I dont mean for this to be rude. In my experience those things are garbage by today's standards. Even by old standards they were not good. The hinges failed. That strap that holds lid open failed immediately. Every one had at least half dozen sheet metal screws in it. That was a decent cooler 35 years ago.

Most all cooler talk really comes down to where youre using it. Its like comparing tires.
Just trying to list an affordable cooler for people to buy. I’ve been using mine (I have three of them) for 10 years and don’t have any problems with them at all so I guess my experiences aren’t what yours are.

Good day.

I’ve had the same experience. Both of my coolers have had the hinge screws pull out and the lid stoats have broken. They aren’t bad coolers but the lid design just doesn’t hold up. I’ve gone to Pelican coolers. They are heavy but hold up great.

Louro

FNG
I’ve had the same experience. Both of my coolers have had the hinge screws pull out and the lid stoats have broken. They aren’t bad coolers but the lid design just doesn’t hold up. I’ve gone to Pelican coolers. They are heavy but hold up great.
I replace the hinges with fire hose. It works great.

TaperPin

WKR
I have a Lifetime 115 cooler and have used it for about 3 seasons - I am a big fan of the cooler and the price tag as well. I will keep using them and plan to get another 115.

The 115 will fit an entire deer in it quartered or a front and hind quarter of an elk (with some room for ice).
We traveled across country with a Lifetime cooler and I didn’t have high expectations since it was so affordable, but now I’d recommend them - they aren’t a Yeti, but they are almost as good at a fraction of the cost.

OP
roosiebull
Nice good to know. I haven’t tried a Cordova. I’ll order one and do an ice block/ice test on it next my one of my Pelican Elites.
Just get another pelican elite

I ultimately bought the 127qt (I believe) and it’s nothing special for holding ice and is a softer material than others, I punched a hole in the bottom right off the bat, it’s fine, but I think there are better options