Coolers

OP
roosiebull
Makes sense. As long as you don't have to move them or have some one to help, they aren't bad but if you have to move them around a lot, its better to get two 80 quarters than one 160.
Yeah, agree. I would go that route but needs to be long enough to fit 6 or 8 big kings, so smaller is limited on length for what I need... a 120qt Coleman extreme is about perfect size, but I spend too much money on disposable coolers buying one or two a year, and I want something heavier too.

If I had a big ice machine I could just use a big kill bag and use ice for the weight, but buying ice would add up to a lot of rotomolded coolers in a short time.

HuntingIndian

Lil-Rokslider
I have this https://www.kongcoolers.com/products/110

they are MUSA

had them for 2 years. pretty solid.

if i didnt have kong cooler, this would be my next choice (its pricey)

with 20% amazon prime day discount, it is manageable. beats having to ice take up space and constantly adding ice.

I got the big RTIC, the 145 and couldn’t be more impressed. It’s a heavy sucker at 60 lbs empty but it’s huge and holds ice very well.

I have a Canyon, Rtic, Engel and a Cordova. All good quality coolers IMO. Bimart has the Cordova 128 quart on sale for $319 last weekend when I was in there, you might check it out

Qchunter

FNG
I have a lifetime that was a quarter of the price of all the big name coolers. It’s not rotomold but had great reviews and several you tube videos where it did just as good or better than some rotomold’s.

OP
roosiebull
I have a Canyon, Rtic, Engel and a Cordova. All good quality coolers IMO. Bimart has the Cordova 128 quart on sale for $319 last weekend when I was in there, you might check it out
they had the 128 for 349$ there today, there was only one left (probably a bimart sales strategy) so i bought it.

i was initially wanting a canyon, but couldn't find one in stock online, then i was good with the RTIC, but they have an August ship date at earliest.... the Cordova dimensions are about perfect, so i couldn't pass it up. i was about to order one earlier for 50 more bucks online.

the Cordova is plenty easy to move it around by myself too, it's not really heavy.

for anyone looking for a roto cooler, i did come across one that seemed to be a really good deal, it's on webstuarant store and it's called the CaterGator.... seemed like the best price for what you get, but they go from 100qt to 170qt.... had they had an in-between size, i probably would have went that route, but the 100qt wasn't quite long enough, and the 170qt looks unwieldy..

On a side note, looking at different options, I ordered a RTIC soft cooler today, they have a good sale right now if anyone is looking... thinking about ordering their 145 hard cooler too, but looks like it won’t show up for awhile
They are great soft sided coolers. The zipper is quite snug and takes a little force. Maybe they fixed that in later production runs.

they had the 128 for 349$ there today, there was only one left (probably a bimart sales strategy) so i bought it.

i was initially wanting a canyon, but couldn't find one in stock online, then i was good with the RTIC, but they have an August ship date at earliest.... the Cordova dimensions are about perfect, so i couldn't pass it up. i was about to order one earlier for 50 more bucks online.

the Cordova is plenty easy to move it around by myself too, it's not really heavy.

for anyone looking for a roto cooler, i did come across one that seemed to be a really good deal, it's on webstuarant store and it's called the CaterGator.... seemed like the best price for what you get, but they go from 100qt to 170qt.... had they had an in-between size, i probably would have went that route, but the 100qt wasn't quite long enough, and the 170qt looks unwieldy..
I like the Cordova's I have the 88 and the 128 . The 88 beat my RTIC on ice retention over Memorial Day weekend. Plus, they are made here in Nampa Idaho.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I have a Catergator (plenty nice and sturdy), Pelican (over built), and just got a Canyon (no longer made in USA).

Canyon is nicest by far, if I had know it wasn't made is USA anymore I would have just gone with Catergator for a big cooler.

OP
roosiebull
They are great soft sided coolers. The zipper is quite snug and takes a little force. Maybe they fixed that in later production runs.
excellent! thanks.

i have been wanting one for awhile for a bait cooler, my yeti 20 is great on my boat, but not great when i'm bank fishing... i just have not been able to spend 300 bucks for the soft yeti, especially for what i plan on doing with it..... the RTIC soft cooler at their current price was a no brainer. the color looks a little girly, but that won't last long ;) (they were sold out of many colors with their sale)

OP
roosiebull
I like the Cordova's I have the 88 and the 128 . The 88 beat my RTIC on ice retention over Memorial Day weekend. Plus, they are made here in Nampa Idaho.
that's good to hear! i didn't know where they were made.... i like it more already.... i really like the canyons, but it looks like there are some other good options around besides Yeti.

i have probably seen the Cordova 128's at bimart recently, but didn't pay them any attention because they were at bimart, haha. i put in an order for the big Canyon 125 a couple months ago at the bow shop, but i went in there the other day and he wasn't able to get one.... got kinda lucky, because the dimensions weren't very good (the prospector 103 has better dimensions for me)

the Cordova is maybe the most practical dimensions of any of them i looked at online, so i'm glad it worked out.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
...just got a Canyon (no longer made in USA).
Well, that's a bummer to learn. Besides being in Flag, made in the USA was a plus in my book and they are good coolers, but this certainly makes my propensity to buy another one less so.

Eddie

Last edited:
OP
roosiebull
I have a Catergator (plenty nice and sturdy), Pelican (over built), and just got a Canyon (no longer made in USA).

Canyon is nicest by far, if I had know it wasn't made is USA anymore I would have just gone with Catergator for a big cooler.
that's too bad Canyon isn't USA made anymore, i didn't know that.... that may bite them in the rear with what's all going on right now.... keeping production local has some pretty big benefits right now

Looking for a 100-150qt rotomolded cooler, what is out there that’s good quality besides yeti? I was going to (and still may) get a canyon, but they are sold out everywhere.

what other brands are out there that are good quality?
I’m pretty happy with my pelican for the money.

Stalker69

WKR
I have several RTIC from the original roto molded to their soft coolers. I use the soft coolers all the time and tend to grab those for 1-3 day trips. I've owned a 65 hard side for about 5 years and a 45 for about 2, no issues.

Edit: It wasn't asked but the soft coolers do remarkably well retaining ice and keeping things cool.
Yea my soft RTIC sets in my work van all day with windows and 100 degrees out, and ice last two days generally.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a Cordova with no research other than driving by the factory a few times before I walked in one day. I got lucky, the cooler is great.

The best part is the handles. Cordova coolers have well thought out folding metal grips while Yetis and their knockoffs have those rope handles that are unstable and cause a lot of cheap shots to the knees and nuts.