Cooking Pots

MOHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm curious what everyone uses for their dehydrated meals. I'm sure there a lots of JetBoil users out there, but I recently picked up a stove from another maker on clearance. What do you use to heat water if NOT using JetBoil?

+1 JetBoil TI.

If I did not have the JetBoil, I'd get something light like a Snow Peak Titanium Trek 700 mug with the lid, .7 liter and 4.8 ounces. Even lighter but holds a bit less water and no lid, MSR Titan Cup, .41 liter, 1.9 ounces.

Last edited:

BuckSnort

WKR
Snow Peak Gigapower stove with auto ignition 3.75 oz.. Been using it for close to 7 years now, been a great stove..

Rod

Lil-Rokslider
Snow peak gigapower manual with the hybrid summit cookset. It all fits together well & very compact.

If you are talking about the container/pot for heating the water there are a bunch of cooksets/pots out there to choose from in a variety of metals and weights. If you are a cheap *&^%$ like me you could always use an old tin can, the wider kind that you get 20+ ounces of veggies in, as a cook pot; it should fit on any stove out there.

Gman

WKR
Snow Peak Gigapower stove with auto ignition 3.75 oz.. Been using it for close to 7 years now, been a great stove..

So this has been my stove set up with the SnowPeak 700ml Ti pot. Got it all in a starter kit with the spork. It's been great, no complaints. But I was out with a buddy and his JetBoil boiled water and had him eating enough ahead of me I just got the JetBoil Ti Sol. So far it looks cool, but I haven't gotten much use out of other than one breakfast boil as the other guy we were out with was showing us whippersnappers how to eat in the back country and it didn't involve quick boils and bagged food! But that's another story.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My Jetboil kicked your Snow Peaks A$$ :) HAHAHA
So this has been my stove set up with the SnowPeak 700ml Ti pot. Got it all in a starter kit with the spork. It's been great, no complaints. But I was out with a buddy and his JetBoil boiled water and had him eating enough ahead of me I just got the JetBoil Ti Sol. So far it looks cool, but I haven't gotten much use out of other than one breakfast boil as the other guy we were out with was showing us whippersnappers how to eat in the back country and it didn't involve quick boils and bagged food! But that's another story.

Gman

WKR
No kidding. I felt like I was using an alcohol stove or something! Just kidding alcohol stove lovers - don't want everyone mad at me. :)

Rizzy

WKR
I use a titanium pot I got from "steep and cheap". The pot, lid, colemen stove, titanium spork, small lighter, and fuel canister weighs about 12 ounces right now (canister is half full) and all fits in the pot.

dotman

WKR
Pocket Rocket, I just can't change what works even if it may boil water an entire 30 slower then a JB :) actually my pocket rocket boils water really quick in my opinion. I use some ti-pot I picked up from Campmor.

B

bearguide

i use a titanium pot the same size as the fuel canister, so i can put the canister in the pot

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thought I'd bring this one back up to see if anything has changed with you guys in the last 2 years. I am looking at the olicamp 1 liter, does anyone have experience with it? Also is the version with the heat sync worth it or is the regular pot sufficient?