Converting a tikka to .223

I am putting together a LH tikka .223. I know all the actions are the same but does the standard .223 have a short action bolt stop like the .308 or .243 actions or is it shorter? I know the bolt faces are different and will need a different bolt.

Wapiti1

WKR
You can have a gunsmith reduce the bolt face by soldering in a bushing, cutting a new extractor slot, and notching the bushing for the ejector. It's not a difficult conversion.

Jeremy

OP
Alex Genereux
You can have a gunsmith reduce the bolt face by soldering in a bushing, cutting a new extractor slot, and notching the bushing for the ejector. It's not a difficult conversion.

Jeremy
Who does this?

Wapiti1

WKR
Who does this?
Try Shaen Magan, Shaen Custom Rifles. LRI is another to ask.

Any gunsmith worth a hoot can do it, but it isn't usually in a list of services. You have to ask. Used to be a very common procedure for custom rifles. I've done three Tikka bolts, and it's not hard to do.

Jeremy

OP
Alex Genereux
Try Shaen Magan, Shaen Custom Rifles. LRI is another to ask.

Any gunsmith worth a hoot can do it, but it isn't usually in a list of services. You have to ask. Used to be a very common procedure for custom rifles. I've done three Tikka bolts, and it's not hard to do.

Jeremy
Just heard back from kampfield customs and they will do it and a very reasonable price.

OP
Alex Genereux
Watch j & an outdoors website I just bought a .223 factory barrel for $150 and with kampfield converting new .308 action to .223 it won’t be to bad for my LH .223 trainer.. Much better than having to have a new barrel cut and chambered.