Ideas on left hand coyote Gun.

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
I am thinking of a left-hand eastern coyote gun low recoil , cheap to reload, and target shoot. seems so many calibers out these days.
I like the looks of the 204 Ruger on paper. Cz used to make LH one but discontinued. tikka doesn't make one in fact you can't even find a LH 223 in tikka.Ruger american gen 2 is offering a 204 it in right hand, but it's unlikely it will be offered in left hand. This got me thinking of a custom build. I have a tikka 270 WSM I would consider converting. Barrels can be found, but finding a a LH .223 bolt for a tikka is about impossible. I might be better off selling the LH 270 wsm and starting new. what else might be out there? any ideas?

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
I know it's not everyone's favorite, but as lefty with 2 left eye dominant children, I just bought my first Savage 110 in 223, and will probably buy a 6.5 CM later on down the road (maybe the ultralight) because Savage still offers a plethora of left handed guns, and everyone else has all but phased them out.

OP
NEWYORKHILLBILLY

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
I know it's not everyone's favorite, but as lefty with 2 left eye dominant children, I just bought my first Savage 110 in 223, and will probably buy a 6.5 CM later on down the road (maybe the ultralight) because Savage still offers a plethora of left handed guns, and everyone else has all but phased them out.
Bass pro has the LH 6.5 ultra lite on clearance for 999 with the carbon wrapped barrel.

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
I know! It's killing me because I just talked myself out of the ultralight to buy the .223 to get my 6 year old shooting, but he'll need a lefty elk rifle when he's 12 (.243 or bigger) but my wife thinks one gun a year is "more than adequate" or some nonsense like that 😆

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
@wilydawg had a lefty Savage .204 in the classified over a year ago that's still listed???

Buzby

WKR
AR15. They’re naturally ambidextrous. I can operate a “non-ambidextrous” AR quite comfortably left or right handed. Add an ambi safety and it’s a total non issue. Get a good barrel and they’re as accurate as you could need.

AR15. They’re naturally ambidextrous. I can operate a “non-ambidextrous” AR quite comfortably left or right handed. Add an ambi safety and it’s a total non issue. Get a good barrel and they’re as accurate as you could need.
^^^
You should be able to get a LH side charging or standard charging upper/lower from Bear Creek for less than $500.

OP
NEWYORKHILLBILLY

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
unfortunately, that's not a option for me living in New York state. They do make a ar-15 thats new york compliant has a fixed 10 round mag, But i be waiting over a year to get a permit for any auto riffle even a 10-22. so better stick with a bolt and hand load for it. because now their a back ground check when you buy a box of ammo. Takes over a week to get a box most the time.

Buzby

WKR
unfortunately, that's not a option for me living in New York state. They do make a ar-15 thats new york compliant has a fixed 10 round mag, But i be waiting over a year to get a permit for any auto riffle even a 10-22. so better stick with a bolt and hand load for it. because now their a back ground check when you buy a box of ammo. Takes over a week to get a box most the time.
I feel you man, from IL. It’s getting bad here too.

kkp005

WKR
I’ve got a LH stainless tikka in 22-250..it shoots the 77 gr green goblins and I’d feel comfortable shooting pretty much anything in NA

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
My wife loves her ruger american in 223 accurate little rifle for dirt cheap and does the job also takes ar mags which makes it easy and it's pretty fun throwing a 60 round drum on there and plinking away

OP
NEWYORKHILLBILLY

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
My wife loves her ruger american in 223 accurate little rifle for dirt cheap and does the job also takes ar mags which makes it easy and it's pretty fun throwing a 60 round drum on there and plinking away
As far as I can tell ruger discontinued the left hand 223 American in 2019. I am hoping they will offer something in a small bore with the second-generation Americans, But at this point they not releasing any left hand and will not say if they plan to in future.

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
As far as I can tell ruger discontinued the left hand 223 American in 2019. I am hoping they will offer something in a small bore with the second-generation Americans, But at this point they not releasing any left hand and will not say if they plan to in future.
That's news to me as I just purchased mine and my wife's this year one from a cabelas and another from a local gun shop that ordered it in that one was purchased in august brand new

OP
NEWYORKHILLBILLY

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
That's news to me as I just purchased mine and my wife's this year one from a cabelas and another from a local gun shop that ordered it in that one was purchased in august brand new
I haven't been able to find any .223 in left hand. Ruger no longer shows them on the website either. you were lucky.

Wildhorse

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't been able to find any .223 in left hand. Ruger no longer shows them on the website either. you were lucky.
Call up gators custom guns or even sportsmans warehouse and have them look for you you'll have to pay a transfer fee I'm sure but will still cost less than most other options out there. Otherwise I will say my best friend has a left hand savage 223 and it's a tack driver as well just he cant use ar mags which he is jealous of.

gbflyer

WKR
I got tired of looking for a lefty varmint rig too so I got a Bighorn Origin and a bunch of other stuff and Shaen sent me back a nice 6-223. Could easily have been .223 but I have lots of bullets. Works just fine on song dogs. No regrets. The Tikka 22-250 would be great too.

d12a011d4768035aa370c95aad50a843.jpg

20001bf1d6901dd13768532ca132ca52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

czgunner

FNG
Call up gators custom guns or even sportsmans warehouse and have them look for you you'll have to pay a transfer fee I'm sure but will still cost less than most other options out there. Otherwise I will say my best friend has a left hand savage 223 and it's a tack driver as well just he cant use ar mags which he is jealous of.
Gators is fantastic. I miss having a good LGS.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

bnewt3

Lil-Rokslider
110 Storm, MDT has the XRS for it. Should shoot like a BB gun.

Or you could go a little stupid and get a 110 Elite Precision

FWIW all things considered, 223 is the only thing I would choose for a dedicated coyote/target gun.