Tikka question

TxxAgg

WKR
I have a Tikka 6.5x55. I know magnums and 223 are out, but can I spin on all the other Tikka factory barrels without modifying the bolt or bolt stop?

For instance, 243, 6.5 CM, 7mm-08 in factory barrels. Could I just leave the bolt stop long?

Would probably go 6 CM if aftermarket barrel.

kurtiss00

FNG
I have a Tikka 6.5x55. I know magnums and 223 are out, but can I spin on all the other Tikka factory barrels without modifying the bolt or bolt stop?

For instance, 243, 6.5 CM, 7mm-08 in factory barrels. Could I just leave the bolt stop long?

Would probably go 6 CM if aftermarket barrel.
Just a barrel change, that's it.

Macintosh

WKR
You might want short action or M+ mags for better feeding—I think a 6cm in a long action mag may be a bit finicky. But the mags are all the same size externally, so they all fit your action. Also, a short action bolt stop is like $30 so its a super easy fix if you want a shorter bolt throw.

Northof51

FNG
I’ve been using the same L magazine for 7mm-08, 7RM, and now 6CM without any feed issues. So far hasn’t made a difference whether each cartridge is pushed right back or not.

Northof51

FNG
The only thing with the 6cm is it can be a pain loading them in when the shoulder is in line or behind the feed lips.

OP
TxxAgg

TxxAgg

WKR
Other than the 223 and mags, all the bolt faces are the same right?

Reactions: NSI

Macintosh

WKR
I’ve been using the same L magazine for 7mm-08, 7RM, and now 6CM without any feed issues. So far hasn’t made a difference whether each cartridge is pushed right back or not.
Thanks, thats good to know, and a bit surprising that they dont hang up after shifting in recoil. I guess worst case a new mag is easy enough on the wallet if one was finicky.