Conservation Organization

BuzzH

WKR
A 501c3 can not dump money into political campaigns its against the law.

So the half-wit making those claims is full of crap is what it comes down to. With the scrutiny that BHA is under from those that hate public lands, if what he claimed was even remotely a fact, BHA would no longer exist.

Its a flat lie and a slanderous statement.

Most are non-profit organizations paying their leadership over $100k year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s not an impressive amount of money. I don’t mind if a person at the top end of an organization I support makes a living salary. Matter of fact, I prefer they do. If a person is paid decently he/she may just do a better job.

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
RMEF and PF. I kill probably 10-12 pheasants every year on PF habitat projects, not to mention the lobbying they do for the farm bill. When I head to SD 95% of the roosters I kill are on CREP land open to public access.

Creflo Dollar approves this message
Guess I don’t get millennial humor 🤷‍♀️ 😉

Edit: ok, I get it… Same statement could be made about most clergy. At least some non-profits are working on tangible goals.

Last edited:

Hoodie

WKR
What do you think of my other points?

I stand corrected on debunking the whole "dumping 100% of their cash into some US Senator's campaign" thing being too vague to dismiss.

1 of 2 things must now be the case, given your claim:

1) What you said is false.

2) It's true, and if you can prove it you can likely shut the organization down with something that damning. Especially if it was as massive a donation as you're claiming ("all of their cash")

Just find your source, post it, and I'll concede defeat, switch sides, and work to raise awareness about the issue until BHA gets shut down. The problem with most of the things people say about BHA is how like 50% of them are horseshit.

If you're going to make questionable claims on the internet about something, it's actually better to keep them vague. You should have said something along the lines of: "I don't know man, there's something fishy about their politics." Can't argue with something like that.

tdhanses

WKR
I’m a lifetime member of BHA but out of all the orgs I belong to this one seems to make you scratch your chin much more. I just never see this kind of stuff with other much more long standing orgs, true or not it makes you question things much more.

BuzzH

WKR
That’s not an impressive amount of money. I don’t mind if a person at the top end of an organization I support makes a living salary. Matter of fact, I prefer they do. If a person is paid decently he/she may just do a better job.
I can give you a list of what WYBHA has done.

1. First issue we worked on was changing aircraft drone regulations via working with the WYGF Department. Changed the law so that aircraft (including drones) can not be used to scout in Wyoming from August 1- January 31. At the same time removed the 24 hour wait as long as the aircraft is used to transport hunters, meaning its now LEGAL to use them for accessing state lands to hunt. You couldn't prior because you cant camp/spend the night on state trust lands.

2. AccessYes donations from $1500-$3000 annually since the chapter existed.

3. Had some vandalism happen on a large HMA in Central Wyoming determined to NOT be from hunters as there was no hunting season at the time. Regardless, because of the importance of that HMA, the WY Chapter along with a couple individuals, raised funds to compensate those landowners for the vandalism.

4. Stopped the Bonander State land exchange on a 5-0 vote of the State Land board via personal conversations with all the top 5 elected officials, a petition, and flooding public meetings to oppose. That saved access to thousands of acres of public land in one of the best elk units in the State.

5. Worked with the legislature to draft, and pass, legislation to allow hunters to reserve their hard to draw licenses to the following year for a medical reason. I made one member of this board aware of the program when he got covid and was going to burn points. The same guy busts my balls all the time. I also made Randy Newberg aware of that regulation and he was able to reserve a tag for his Uncle that was too sick at the time to hunt it. Good program.

Hoodie

WKR
I’m a lifetime member of BHA but out of all the orgs I belong to this one seems to make you scratch your chin much more. I just never see this kind of stuff with other much more long standing orgs, true or not it makes you question things much more.

To put it charitably, that website is a little less than neutral. "Big Green's spider web?"

Here's Green Decoy's take:

They literally use the exact same phrase. "One of the latest fronts in Big Green's spider web." I don't think I'd take any site borrowing the language of Green Decoys too seriously.

Activistfacts is either:
a) The same people who run Green Decoys looking to paint themselves as a more neutral "fact checker."
b) People who think that Green Decoys is a good place to get "facts."

Neither of those is good.

I can give you a list of what WYBHA has done.

1. First issue we worked on was changing aircraft drone regulations via working with the WYGF Department. Changed the law so that aircraft (including drones) can not be used to scout in Wyoming from August 1- January 31. At the same time removed the 24 hour wait as long as the aircraft is used to transport hunters, meaning its now LEGAL to use them for accessing state lands to hunt. You couldn't prior because you cant camp/spend the night on state trust lands.

2. AccessYes donations from $1500-$3000 annually since the chapter existed.

3. Had some vandalism happen on a large HMA in Central Wyoming determined to NOT be from hunters as there was no hunting season at the time. Regardless, because of the importance of that HMA, the WY Chapter along with a couple individuals, raised funds to compensate those landowners for the vandalism.

4. Stopped the Bonander State land exchange on a 5-0 vote of the State Land board via personal conversations with all the top 5 elected officials, a petition, and flooding public meetings to oppose. That saved access to thousands of acres of public land in one of the best elk units in the State.

5. Worked with the legislature to draft, and pass, legislation to allow hunters to reserve their hard to draw licenses to the following year for a medical reason. I made one member of this board aware of the program when he got covid and was going to burn points. The same guy busts my balls all the time. I also made Randy Newberg aware of that regulation and he was able to reserve a tag for his Uncle that was too sick at the time to hunt it. Good program.
I’m in favor of 80% of that. Thanks!

tdhanses

WKR
To put it charitably, that website is a little less than neutral.
Oh I agree but it does make one think, what other conservation org has had such drama with leadership and origins, NRA doesn’t count.

Personally I gave them my one time donation, I prefer to support RMEF which is very transparent even if I don’t agree with them 100%.

Oh I agree but it does make one think, what other conservation org has had such drama with leadership and origins, NRA doesn’t count.
What other org is there that may attract support from us rod & gun folks and openly flies in the face of corporate land grabbers?

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider
RMEF, NWTF, Sportsmen's Alliance, Michigan Traditional Bowhunter's.

I was on the BHA train for a bit but it seems sketchy. All about access, but wouldn't stand up for access during covid shutdowns of boating/fishing in Michigan. Said use the boots god gave you to shore fish...guess they haven't seen how big the lakes are here that's a long cast!

tdhanses

WKR
I added some stuff to my post after a little more digging. Seems like they're probably just the Green Decoys folks.
To just dismiss it is biased as well, just too much unknown to make me continue supporting them, I think we all need to find an org to support, for some it’ll be BHA.

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
I looked into this several months ago. I was going to make a big commitment to one and trying to decide on one. Ultimately I decided on none because I couldn't get past the salary the top end people make in these organizations. You can find this in their 990s that should be available online. I know they do a lot of good, I personally just would like to see less taken away for top end folks. This isn't just for conservation organizations. I can also see where some folks aren't bothered by this.