Connected early this year

tracker12

WKR
I was fortunate to hunt Unit 2 in Colorado archery on my first archery hunt. In 14 days I had numerous encounters both calling and stalking. I was able to get closer Unseen stalking a bugling bull than calling solo and eventually killed my bull that way.

Leave tomorrow for WY!!!!

Last edited:
OP
762 ULTRAMAGA
Are there wolves where you hunt?
First off thanks for the congratulations everyone it means a lot.
There are almost no wolves in my particular spot but definitely in the surrounding area.
The wolves have made an impact but it's nothing compared to the massive increase in hunting pressure over the past 5 years.
I'm talking at least 3 times the amount of guys in the woods

Congrats. I would even say learning the animals patterns is just as, if not more, difficult than calling during the rut. I called in and killed a bull my first time trying. It would have taken months, if not years, to learn their patterns to ambush one in that area.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I like those bulls that are pretty close that return with a very low quiet almost growl.....just one. That's always been a really good bull with cows from my experience, and I get excited in a hurry when I hear that.
I was out scouting between archery season and rifle season several years back and I had one of those quiet bulls come in. He was a heavy 6x7. He laid his head back at 11 yards and let out nothing but a low raspy growl that I might not have heard at 100 yards. It was more like a big wind coming out of a canyon and it was awesome to see and hear.

OP
762 ULTRAMAGA
I was out scouting between archery season and rifle season several years back and I had one of those quiet bulls come in. He was a heavy 6x7. He laid his head back at 11 yards and let out nothing but a low raspy growl that I might not have heard at 100 yards. It was more like a big wind coming out of a canyon and it was awesome to see and hear.
Yeah in many OTC areas the days of screaming bulls are over.
Even cow talk is getting to be minimal

swampokie

WKR
He’s just as dead as he would have been if u called him in. Thought that was the objective. At least it still is for me…nice bull congrats.

swampokie

WKR
Congrats. Wondering if all the the calling is in Colorado?
I’m in west central Colorado in my tent right now. Haven’t heard a bugle in 2 days I’ve been here. Human or elk. I’ve only seen 3 cows but I’ve seen 5 bears. Luckily I’m near hunting at the moment. But if I stumble upon a bull or two I mite try elk.

Fullfan

WKR
Ten 4, have a bud there. Said it is deathly hot. And guys everywhere blowing their bugles nonstop.