Company swag

Txarcher

Lil-Rokslider
I have give mid level bottles of whiskey, around the $100 mark, small yeti coolers, and edc packs padded to protect laptops. The last one was kinda to save me money also not repairing or fixing computers.

To be honest I feel clothing is a waste.
I've gotten a few nice jackets, suitcases, tons of hats etc. None of it gets worn, the sizing is always jacked. I always say thanks but alot I throw or give away. We just got a sweat shirt or something like a month ago, I don't even remember what it was.

They got us some kind of super heavy waterproof hoodie a couple years ago. It seemed pretty cool, I mite actually open it this winter.

A tool bag i do actually use.

We are required to wear high viz so if they get rain gear or something hi viz I wear it at work.

Dang I really can't remember what they gave us a month ago ill have to look in my Rubbermaid.

Moto_917

FNG
I’d say a cash bonus if it’s for your own people… I always appreciated those. I worked in the oil fields when I was still working in private industry, and the oil producers would do a BBQ a couple times a year with a raffle. The contract companies would give out hats, shirts, and sweatshirts that everyone seemed to like. The company I worked for would give us a nice knife, leatherman, or a nice tool set once or twice a year with a cash bonus around the holidays.

willidru

WKR
We have done most of the items listed the yeti tumblers get the most use but have plenty of water bottles and coffee cups now. Have done the engraved knives and flashlights, coolers, camp chairs. BBQ tool set, picinic blankets, beach towels, hammock, first aid kit, emergency roadside kit…

def90

WKR
I used to have to go to a lot of manufacturer training events back in the day always came home with a bunch of junk with company logos on it. Most of that junk if not all is still taking up space in closets, cabinets and drawers somewhere.

jwatts

WKR
We get all kinds of swag at work. Out of all of the stuff we've gotten in the past, the most used have been a portable battery charger and a JBL bluetooth speaker. The only time I wear logo'd clothing is to company meetings and training. I use the logo'd battery charger on hunting trips, and the speaker gets used pretty much any time I fire up my smoker or sit outside. Tumblers are nice, but you can only have so many. I certainly wouldn't turn down a nice Nalgene though.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
How about a mug with your face on it? I have a vendor that does it every Christmas.

Best part, the photo is him holding the previous years mug.

20191121_202836.jpg

jblam

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe I missed it, but is there a per item budget? Seems like that is a great starting point

OP
L

lmeyer

WKR
Maybe I missed it, but is there a per item budget? Seems like that is a great starting point
Not really, just looking for good suggestions. In the past we gave recieved small thing like cofee mugs , up to big things like hard sided rtic coolers. They also give t-shirts regularly and very nice polo/ golf shirts ( johnnie-o, southern marsh). the Ideas given so far have been great. Really liking the battery pack idea Just looking for fresh ideas for thing that people will actually use.

DuckDogDr

WKR
i personally no longer care for any company labeled gear. When I was young an naive I was all about it. But now when I’m on vacation or on a trip I don’t want to look at my cooler and be reminded of the place I’m trying escape from.
I spend more time with my co-workers than I do my girlfriend, family and friends combined and I want to get as far away from there as I can when I’m off. But I’m probably jaded as we haven’t recovered from the Covid changes and probably even worse off now than when the crap started.

We used to get nice bonuses… but the new accountant put the Kibash on that and for the past 3 years we get gift cards to a steakhouse that I don’t like to eat at and a bottle of wine….. neither me nor my gf drink..

I would be much more appreciative of a visa gift card to contribute towards a beach condo rental or something I can actually contribute to rewarding my family for the time I spend away from them.

Rob5589

WKR
Generally yes most companies send out garbage, but a yeti mug/tumbler, knife, nice polo.. yeah I'll take that

But a company logo paperweight or plastic beer cup or pens.. .useless
My company is handing out challenge coins right now. My supe tried handing me one and I ask him wtf was I supposed to do with that. I just kept walking :LOL:

project manager for a GC. we give out pretty much unlimited shirts to our guys. some kind of polo for the managers and short and long sleeve sun shirts to all the hands on guys during the summer. everyone gets jackets, hats lots of hats and beanie's
everyone gets a planner/to do list book thats logo'd
we have RTIC coffee mugs, and 3-4 different sizes of their waterbottles. Golf towels since the company takes every employee out to golf a couple times a year and to top golf.

honestly the best idea is to get a list of 4-5 things that would be approved and walk around and ask the guys what they would like. it may not be a surprise but id rather know I'm getting something id like vs something that ill never use. its also going to depend on the culture of the company what they will want.

We have an online retail store for my employees where they get to choose from whatever items that they want. We give them $200 to spend it on whatever they want that's on the website and its been a big hit.

We even use it for our larger clients and its been very well received. I've never heard of anyone else doing this so I thought I'd share.