Company swag

OP
L

lmeyer

WKR
Thanks for the ideas.
Knife idea is out though. Ran it up the ladder and was shot down due to the cutting tool rules.
I really like the battery pack idea.
Keep the suggestions coming.

One thing I use everyday that I received from a previous employer is an insulated lunch box. Another gift was a rain jacket and it gets used every time it rains. Not the most flashy gifts but get used quite a bit. A multitool would be a cool gift, just not many people would see it if the goal was advertising.

Ratbeetle

WKR
I'm gifted stuff from GCs all the time. The only things that ultimately don't end up in the trash or junk drawer are the yeti mugs.

Apparel with company logos plastered all over is a waste of money for me. I won't wear it.

As and employer, I learned years ago, that my folks appreciate logoed stuff, but would prefer cash. However the cash on logoed item is not much.

I was given a camp chair years ago by a vendor. Still use it today and will be taking it on a week long float trip. but i doubt there is any advertising benefit to it.

I actually sell corporate uniforms and promotional swag for a living. My largest client is a construction/heavy equipment outfit and they buy Richardson 112 or the Pacific Headwear equivalent cap more than any other item. But that is mainly as a give away to clients. For their employees....they have been buying personalized laser engraved tumblers. The staff seems to really like them. Also, the larger battery packs have been popular for travel. I have learned that there isn't one item that will please an entire staff.

3forks

WKR
Visa gift card is my suggestion.

Like others have said, I won’t wear company branded clothing and don’t want something that‘ll end up in a junk drawer.

I work for a Fortune 500 company and understand that HR won’t let them buy us guns/ammo or a night at strip joint, so give me me cash and let me do it on my own.

I did a site visit on a project I managed in the Aleutians last summer. It’s rainy most days out there. All the contractor’s employees had Kuiu guide jackets with the company logo on them.

You can give me a free kuiu guide jacket and put “Tampax” across the back with pink letters like a damn NASCAR driver and I would still wear it. Some of you guys turning down free hunting/fishing gear because it has a logo? Mamma Schmaltz never raised such a fool!

nobody

WKR
I echo what's been said above about cash in pocket. I'd take a $100 Amazon gift card over a couple cheap Yeti knock off mugs and cheap cotton t shirts that shrink to a belly shirt after wearing it once. I worked for a trucking company in college that was the epitome of these cheap trinkets, and they were more insulting than anything.

That being said, I work for a masonry subcontractor and they've got a good thing going with their swag. Every year for Christmas, everyone gets a Carhartt rain defender (rotating colors every year) jacket and 3 Blaklader long sleeve shirts. These items are nice, because you're not forced to wear and ruin your own clothes all year long, and the jacket and shirts are of nice enough quality that it doesn't feel like a smack in the face. Summer hits and they give everyone a few Carhartt short sleeves as well.

If you're gonna do swag, do nice name brand stuff. That was, it's of good quality and will be something the employee wants to wear, even if it's only while they're working for you. Which translates to more "advertising" for your company. If it's cheap and doesn't fit, nobody will wear and use it, which means its money down the drain and a foregone advertising opportunity. But if it's nice quality and is something people wanna wear, they and you will both get more use out of it.

In a nutshell, buy reeeeeeally good stuff, but buy less of it. I much prefer my annual Carhartt jacket to 20 cheap hats and walmart grade t shirts and stupid pens that don't write decent.

OP
L

lmeyer

WKR
Anyone know if any of the optics manufactures can do some sort of imprint or etching on a pair of binos?

Ratbeetle

WKR
I did a site visit on a project I managed in the Aleutians last summer. It’s rainy most days out there. All the contractor’s employees had Kuiu guide jackets with the company logo on them.

You can give me a free kuiu guide jacket and put “Tampax” across the back with pink letters like a damn NASCAR driver and I would still wear it. Some of you guys turning down free hunting/fishing gear because it has a logo? Mamma Schmaltz never raised such a fool!

Well yeah, I'm sure anyone would take a free kuiu jacket...especially if the company can manage a small, tasteful logo. But really, who is giving those away. I'm talking the standard polos, hoodies, hats, etc. Keep that logo crap, I don't want it.

Looking for good/ fresh ideas for some company swag. I work for a general contractor and we get the same old stuff that ever other company does: flash drives , coffee mugs, calendars, water bottles, shirts/jackets, coolers, neck gaiters etc. I want to get some stuff that can be given to clients as well as be useful for some of our field guys to use. Not the runof the mill $5 items that end up in the trash. The company doesn't mind spending a extra to get quality. A couple of ideas that we had are are decent quality lower tier (not bottom tier) binos and streamlight style rechargeable/docking flash lights. Any suggestions on company's that will etch or logo those items direct or indirect? Appreciate any other suggestions as well. Thanks.
Branded tape measures.

Better yet, fridge magnet tape measures.

OP......depending on your budget.....the streamlight stylus lights are pretty nice. A little pricey though....

Laramie

WKR
Anyone know if any of the optics manufactures can do some sort of imprint or etching on a pair of binos?
We do laser etching & CNC engraving on promo stuff for people and also on our own company products.

I am in marketing and sales so have been through the list time and again. The most appreciated items, imo, have been high quality battery banks and laser etched tumblers/mugs.

Would be glad to look into pricing for etching if you decide on an item. Shoot me a PM if interested.

my favorite swag has been a nice primaloft vest, similar to sitka kelvin, company logo and all.