Colorado wolves released today

CorbLand

WKR
@Hnthrdr @Elmer J. Fudd

Thanks I will check it out. I drive a desk for a living so listening to podcasts would be a sport I could gold medal in.

I just don’t want to listen to one that sounds like some people here. I don’t mind emotion, it’s what makes us human for hells sake, but I want to actually learn something useful. If I want pure emotion, I will talk to my wife.

Some good reading here

Great article. Basically Wyoming telling Colorado to "keep your dam dog out of my back yard or im gonna shoot it ". Which they are

I highly suggest reading the article on Rewilding the American West that was in there . They have big plans for the American West . Basically done with extraction industries logging, gas , oil, mining , grazing . "Introduction of wolves to control overabundance of native ungulates". They have identified 92 different species of "this and that" that are endangered or near extinction . Not fearmongering . Read for yourself

Sherrif

FNG
@Hnthrdr @Elmer J. Fudd

Thanks I will check it out. I drive a desk for a living so listening to podcasts would be a sport I could gold medal in.

I just don’t want to listen to one that sounds like some people here. I don’t mind emotion, it’s what makes us human for hells sake, but I want to actually learn something useful. If I want pure emotion, I will talk to my wife.
Hope your wife’s not a member, you might be in the dog house. 😂

Western Rewilding Network . 11 large preserves of Federal land accross the west . They have maps of proposed areas within the plan. When they say large they mean large.

I know we can kill then in South Dakota. They are treated like coyotes. Always a few killed every year that wonder over from Minnesota
As far as I am aware that is a federal offense however I would like to see the state laws that allow that as it would help me and mine a great deal in our upcoming struggle.

They can hunt them in Wyoming?

I saw a recent article where guys were calling them across the colorado state line and killing them. They did nothing wrong all legal. But the article was so biased and painted them as horrible people because “it was colorado wolves”
I haven’t dug into the exact wording of the laws but my FIL lives up there and was a state brand inspector for many years. He has told me that outside of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem ( which I believe to be a 20-50 mile not sure how much buffer around the park) wolves are treated as a non game species just like a coyote.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I highly suggest reading the article on Rewilding the American West that was in there . They have big plans for the American West . Basically done with extraction industries logging, gas , oil, mining , grazing . "Introduction of wolves to control overabundance of native ungulates". They have identified 92 different species of "this and that" that are endangered or near extinction . Not fearmongering . Read for yourself
They put it right in front of our faces and some folks think it’s “conspiracy” to openly talk about the other side’s intentions… which they told us…

Apex todd

FNG
Grand County wasn’t supposed to be the release area
Have lived in Colorado my whole life. Used to be proud to say I was from here, now it’s embarrassing. This state continues to circle the toilet bowl for many reasons. Grew up in grand county and know a lot of ranchers that will gladly take matters into their own hands with the wolves.

Apex todd

FNG
Hunting in CO for 20 years spent my whole adult life hunting and fishing in Ak 54 years old. All this FNG can say is good luck with the wolves and I hope the ranchers can “handle it “ we can’t and we’re wide open for hunting and trapping them. Colorado is beautiful country and great people. Wish everyone there minus the wolves well. Excuse my inexperience first time ever posted anything in my life

I haven’t dug into the exact wording of the laws but my FIL lives up there and was a state brand inspector for many years. He has told me that outside of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem ( which I believe to be a 20-50 mile not sure how much buffer around the park) wolves are treated as a non game species just like a coyote.
Yep that is correct. Open season on them

Riplip

WKR
I own some ranch property in Grand/Summit County and I just received the update below. We have a significant amount of deer and elk on our property, and run about 300 head of cattle and calves in the spring and summer. Very concerning. Headed up there this weekend, will be bringing my camera (and pistol) with me from now on when I venture out.

Dear ___, As I am sure you all are aware of the recent release of 5 Wolves near Radium Colorado "which is just on the back side of the mountain from ____", Today there were 2 additional wolves released just south of Green Mountain Reservoir between ______ and Silverthorne. This location is only a few miles south of the Ranch. Due to personnel safety and preventing the general public from following CPW vehicles and personnel, they have decided not to make any further press releases on the Wolf release until the project is complete.

Please note the severity and proximity of the situation to the Ranch. CPW is not notifying anyone of the location of the release of the wolves nor are they communicating with landowners or agricultural producers of the process of the project. We are relying on local knowledge and first hand sightings to keep people aware.
If you feel you see what may be a Wolf, Please reach out to staff.

Bl704

WKR
I own some ranch property in Grand/Summit County and I just received the update below. We have a significant amount of deer and elk on our property, and run about 300 head of cattle and calves in the spring and summer. Very concerning. Headed up there this weekend, will be bringing my camera (and pistol) with me from now on when I venture out.

Dear ___, As I am sure you all are aware of the recent release of 5 Wolves near Radium Colorado "which is just on the back side of the mountain from ____", Today there were 2 additional wolves released just south of Green Mountain Reservoir between ______ and Silverthorne. This location is only a few miles south of the Ranch. Due to personnel safety and preventing the general public from following CPW vehicles and personnel, they have decided not to make any further press releases on the Wolf release until the project is complete.

Please note the severity and proximity of the situation to the Ranch. CPW is not notifying anyone of the location of the release of the wolves nor are they communicating with landowners or agricultural producers of the process of the project. We are relying on local knowledge and first hand sightings to keep people aware.

2 wolves <> a pack in my mind...seems like they would be adding more at this location...which sounds like 15-20 miles west of RMNP...

Iowafarmer

Lil-Rokslider
The media is saying $15000 per animal for wolf depredation can this be right or did they add a zero to make it seem like ranchers are getting rich off it. Not many stock cows worth 15 grand that would have to be a high dollar seed stock registered animal

KurtR

WKR
As far as I am aware that is a federal offense however I would like to see the state laws that allow that as it would help me and mine a great deal in our upcoming struggle.
Shit I was wrong when another court ruling put the esa back on we “can’t “ shoot them. South Dakota has a lot of big coyotes…..

IMG_2984.png

Wow. I posted my thoughts above thinking the 5 released wolves could make their way down the corridor to this area, but it’s crazy they went and released additional wolves like this. I didn’t see this in the news. I wonder if they’ve done these types of non publicized releases in other places and have only notified local ranchers. Around green mountain reservoir there are a couple of overpasses for animal migration. Seems like they are placed in a good spot to take advantage of migration and wintering grounds…. Lots of private land too. Can’t imagine this going well. I stated above that I love to hunt this area for coyotes and now I’m going to love this area even more :) I hike the gore range thoughout the summer/fall with my kids and will be on the lookout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: