Colorado Wolf Introduction is getting REAL political

gbflyer

WKR
One would be better served to contact your CO local government and Sheriff. Local government can be quite powerful if they stand up to the state. A lot of commissioners, mayors, council members, Sheriff’s, etc. have no idea how much power they wield. Remind them. Proposition 114 is law. No need to waste time there. But your local government can make it very difficult for the state, if they have the will of the people to do so.

ODB

WKR
more wolves=less game animals=less hunters=less pro gun support & less self sufficient people.

yes.

You all should listen to the latest meateater podcast. Not about wolves, but about political overreach and wildlife management.

Steve is a gnats ass away from rescinding his derision of the conspiracy theory that the Clintons support of wolf reintroduction will lead to the gov't taking yer guns.

This is why I simply do not trust orgs like BHA who exist on the backs of hunters, but are mum on gun rights.

Just another soon to be failed experiment in Calirado (that has already been tried elsewhere).

I don't know a single hunter that is for the proposal. I also fail to see how this benefits the public at all. Who is making money here?
Easy answer, the well-heeled wolf introduction organizations that managed to convince 51% of Colorado voters that this was good idea. They employ an army of professional activists. It’s an industry of its own.

yes.

You all should listen to the latest meateater podcast. Not about wolves, but about political overreach and wildlife management.

Steve is a gnats ass away from rescinding his derision of the conspiracy theory that the Clintons support of wolf reintroduction will lead to the gov't taking yer guns.

This is why I simply do not trust orgs like BHA who exist on the backs of hunters, but are mum on gun rights.
When reintroduction was gaining traction in Idaho in the early 90s, I heard that line many times. 30 years later, I wouldn’t put anything past the federal government.

Rob5589

WKR
more wolves=less game animals=less hunters=less pro gun support & less self sufficient people.
Yep, the antis are in this for the long haul. They spend nothing on the animals or habitat. Their coffers fund the non stop lawsuits. Which then takes money, time, and resources away from states that could be better utilized on management.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Yep, the antis are in this for the long haul. They spend nothing on the animals or habitat. Their coffers fund the non stop lawsuits. Which then takes money, time, and resources away from states that could be better utilized on management.

Yep if you have the funds to do it the wear down method is extremely effective.

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I attended a couple of CPW town halls before the election and didn’t see too many hunters there. It is easy to complain on the internet, but if the future of hunting is really at stake what is anyone doing about it? Are the antis that much smarter and richer?

Rob5589

WKR
I attended a couple of CPW town halls before the election and didn’t see too many hunters there. It is easy to complain on the internet, but if the future of hunting is really at stake what is anyone doing about it? Are the antis that much smarter and richer?
Not smarter or wealthier. But they are passionate and relentless. Something we as hunters need to do is match or exceed. People complain that commission doesn't do anything positive for the hunting community. Yet we continue to not participate in the process. Our apathy comes across as an affirmation.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

hate is a better motivator then try and protect what we already have.
They are working towards a goal which is helpful when planning.
Yes they are smart, play the long game and are well funded. I wouldnt say smarter or richer though.

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I believe that is boeberts area to represent, what is her stance for those that live on the western slope?