Colorado pronghorn camp

CoHiCntry

WKR
It is what it is. I like to hunt where I live, but it isn’t always the easiest.

I’m still building points too because I’d rather hunt where I live as well. After I draw a buck tag next, it will be doe tags from then on. I’d rather hunt doe’s in the archery or muzzleloader season every year rather then get a buck tag every 6-8 years. It keeps taking longer & longer to get a buck tag.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'll be headed out with my son on a doe tag. Its in a new area and I went out last weekend to look around, plenty of targets vs land available, should be fairly easy to fill (much easier than looking for a specific buck). I'll bring along a 22lr and shotgun for rabbit opportunity also.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I'll be headed out with my son on a doe tag. Its in a new area and I went out last weekend to look around, plenty of targets vs land available, should be fairly easy to fill (much easier than looking for a specific buck). I'll bring along a 22lr and shotgun for rabbit opportunity also.
Yep I’m gonna get 2-3 more points then I’ll take my oldest out, I think it’s the best big game trip for kids! Generally see plenty of pronghorn and get to stalk and almost always harvest enjoy!

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yep I’m gonna get 2-3 more points then I’ll take my oldest out, I think it’s the best big game trip for kids! Generally see plenty of pronghorn and get to stalk and almost always harvest enjoy!
Yep they've been on hunts (my tags or theirs) a couple times, it definitely is a good one for kids since its not dawn/dusk reliant. Yeah my success rate even on marginal tags is nearly perfect, just a matter of how hard/long you want to grind it out on those marginal tags trying to catch them on public land. His last hunt his brother filled his tag but he didn't, that was one of those marginal ones and he got burnt out trying to seek out the slim pickings (I think this is the only pronghorn tag I've hunted that hasn't been filled). This unit had a good amount of land with critters on it so it should go well for him this go around. :)