Colorado Partners

Nah, it was made for lazy parents who can't take 60 seconds to make their kids a real PB&J lol. If anything the parents could use some chores.
My dad just used to put both jars and a couple slices of bread into a brown paper sack and send me on my way. It's for parents who are too stupid to teach a kid to fish.

I'd like a good hunting partner for western hunting.

These are my personal criteria.
1) you have been on a solo big game hunt. I am social but it's not a requirement when I hunt. I hunt solo a lot. I spend the day hunting not around the campfire.
2) you're in good shape. how to measure that? can hike 3-5 miles a day in the mountains. Can you haul elk out with a backpack.
3) you don't mind 2 or 3 day away for the vehicle and tent camping away from the road.

I am thinking southern Colorado Elk early season Oct. 16 -20, 2022. I have 1 pp.
I hunt MO and IA Whitetail and Colorado mule deer. Ready for an Elk hunt.
Hey GCMan. Reading your post... Were you able to draw a tag for this season? Hopefully you have not been pushed away from negative responses to not keep looking for a hunt partner.

I have done more solo hunts then partnered hunts but find value in both
I think it's a good idea to have a certain criteria in mind does a partner... I had to leave a hunt early last archery season called it quits because it was too difficult for him to keep up and keep going for the 10 day hunt.

Since I chose to partner with him I chose to be willing to quit early with him. I made the decision to be a partner and followed through to the conclusion of the hunt.

Having the right partner is key and being a great partner is even more important.

Hey GCMan. Reading your post... Were you able to draw a tag for this season? Hopefully you have not been pushed away from negative responses to not keep looking for a hunt partner.

I have done more solo hunts then partnered hunts but find value in both
I think it's a good idea to have a certain criteria in mind does a partner... I had to leave a hunt early last archery season called it quits because it was too difficult for him to keep up and keep going for the 10 day hunt.

Since I chose to partner with him I chose to be willing to quit early with him. I made the decision to be a partner and followed through to the conclusion of the hunt.

Having the right partner is key and being a great partner is even more important.

So where do you stand on the hotdog/taco/uncrustable debate?

I did get a muzzy elk tag for CO and as you may have concluded I decided to go at it myself. Never imagined my post would end up on a debate about hotdog/taco/uncrustable? I have no idea what that is about.

The internet is an interesting world if nothing else.

Last edited:
Back