Colorado Leftover List 2022 Jeers and Tears

johnw

FNG
well that was a total waste of time. have to feel like theres a better way to handle that whole mess of a process.

well that was a total waste of time. have to feel like theres a better way to handle that whole mess of a process.
I sent my son, who used to live near Denver, in to buy a tag for me a couple years ago. He found a small shop that sold licenses and was in and out with my tag by 9:05. I think that's still the best way. I'm sure a few who got on right at 8:00 this morning and got in early in the que had luck. I didn't try to get in until 8:30 and that was too late.

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
Logged in at 8: 01
Got the residency page and stopped
At some point did it refresh and got The walking Man
Then at 8: 34 got some page saying you're in line with an okay but
Took the okay button, takes me to the CPW homepage with the sign in button

So kick me out when I did what it asked

Applied for the tag I wanted first draw, no bueno.
Applied for the same tag second draw again no bueno.
Same exact time is STILL available today or rather was until 20 minutes ago, EXCEPT CPW DECIDED I WASN'T WORTHY I GUESS

S*** show

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Grabbed a tag for 3rd rifle MD in a unit I've driven by but have never hunted due to access restrictions. Gives me time to research it before the refund deadline. Happy to have a tag in the mail for now.

jdinville3

Lil-Rokslider
I figured I had a 5% chance today, but got lucky somehow. It does make me question the thoughts of why they make it so complicated? i.e. why is every animal species on leftover opening at the same exact time? Would it make sense to have different windows of time or days for each species or even break it down by season for that matter. Most the states I've played this game with it's the same process and same little dude walking backwards. Nebraska used to be worse than the green guy a few years ago... I tried to 2 hours one year and the system was crashed and they sent out apology emails. Why do you have to put the dang hunt code in multiple boxes, it would be so much easier to copy and paste it and move everyone through the process faster. In today's technological capabilities there is no way you can convince me there isn't a better process and why would CPW not want that for themselves. It would alleviate dreaded phone calls, emails, and disappointed customers that pay your salary and support your organization...

Good luck to anyone holding a tag in any state and hope anyone still chasing a tag has some luck finding the Golden Ticket wherever you are trying to go!

OP
B

blicero

Lil-Rokslider
I figured I had a 5% chance today, but got lucky somehow. It does make me question the thoughts of why they make it so complicated?

Yeah, my only complaint this year is that I logged in at 8am with no issues but got thrown into the queue seemingly at random at 8:32am, which ended my chance of even failing to try a tag 30 minutes before they ever went on sale.

Seems like the queue was based entirely on when someone clicked on the Hunting page, not when they logged in. Next year I'll login, go straight to the Hunting page, and then do nothing until 9am, but I suspect then I'll just be kicked out for being inactive.

Either way, congratulations to everyone who got tags.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Posted this in the other leftover thread. Learned it late last night.

Kinda like the secondary draw favors youth. Leftovers heavily favor military.

From what I read any military CO resident and/or deployed get first action. That is done via mail in prior to 1 Aug.

So I am guessing any qualified folks (and there are a lot of CO bases) have snagged many of those tags after the list is posted and before the site opened at 0900.

Possibly why even the first person in line struck out on what they wanted. At least for this one you aren’t charged until you get the tag.