Vote on the 2022 Best DEER Photo Contest, Sponsored by Kryptek

2022 BEST DEER PHOTO POLL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
811BD9CD-0936-42A7-9A57-6BAB686E4B9A.jpeg

The Rokslide staff has voted on the 2022 finalists based on the rules in the entry thread

Now it's Rokslide members' turn to pick the winners.

The 2022 Best Buck Mule Deer Photo Contest by Kryptek

We're back! This is the 8th year of this contest and is bound to be the best.

Our friends at Kryptek have put up TWO prizes this year: Their new-last-year Kilsia Down Sleeping Bags. 1st and 2nd place will win a Zero Degree or a 15-Degree. These bags made our “Best of Rokslide Gear 2022 List” so we know the winners will by happy happy.

289DB612-E45A-43CB-82BB-9EA15F34DF97.jpeg

For 3rd place, winner’s choice of one of Robby’s books:

Hunting Big Mule Deer: The Stories

AA1AE85D-EC44-49DC-9AEA-3C3693909631.jpeg

or

Hunting Big Mule Deer: How to Take the Best Buck of Your Life
64AFD6D6-EA87-44BC-B4F9-B9BE89321734.jpeg

Please vote on the photos in the poll at the top of the thread (Tapatalk users can't see the poll, so use full-site if you'd like to vote.)

Only Rokslide members with accounts registered by 12/30/22 will be counted towards winners (the fairest way to pick a winner), although those late votes will still show up in the poll.

I'll leave the poll open until approximately January 15th.

Please, only one vote per person. If you think you can rig it by creating multiple member user names and voting, @Jskaanland is all over you! If you're caught voting more than once, all your votes are disqualified.

Also, if you made the finalist list, go ahead and vote on your own photo, but remember if you try to vote with multiple user names, your photo will be pulled from the contest. And @Ryan Avery will ban you.

Here are the finalists in no particular order( Well, alphabetical but you know what we mean). Cast your vote in the poll at top of page using the member's name listed at top of each photo.

@bpurtz
Bpurz.jpg

@Dioni A
Dioni.jpg

@Dos Perros
dos perros.jpg

@Firestone
firestone.jpg

@Hunt the Top
hutthetop.jpg

@jr8fish
jr8fish.jpeg

@kodyshriver
Kodyshriver.jpeg

@Lytro
lytro.jpeg

@SCliving Outdoors
sclivingoutdoors.jpeg

@Tallfeller454
Tallfeller454.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

PRC

FNG
You think they’d consider the top 10 pics that had the most votes from the original thread?? Not to take away from these great pics but just curious what all was considered?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
You think they’d consider the top 10 pics that had the most votes from the original thread?? Not to take away from these great pics but just curious what all was considered?
the problem with those likes are they are time dependent, meaning first person to post a pic when we open the thread has an unfair advantage over the person who tags his buck in late in the season. That wouldn't be fair at all to the late entries. Add to that the fact that one person can like as may photos as they want, it doesn't tell us much about which is the best pic.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
the problem with those likes are they are time dependent, meaning first person to post a pic when we open the thread has an unfair advantage over the person who tags his buck in late in the season. That wouldn't be fair at all to the late entries. Add to that the fact that one person can like as may photos as they want, it doesn't tell us much about which is the best pic.
Additionally, this is a photo contest. Not a big buck contest. There could be a thousand "likes" because someone kills a huge buck, but it doesn't mean the photo is actually better.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Additionally, this is a photo contest. Not a big buck contest. There could be a thousand "likes" because someone kills a huge buck, but it doesn't mean the photo is actually better.
Yes! I don't think the biggest bucks have ever won in my memory. Hard to get a big big buck and a great photo to align. Guilty of that myself too many times

PRC

FNG
IMO: Being a photo contest then I would think photos without blood would also be a good thing to look for as well and not just the size of the antlers or how popular someone may or may not be. But I can also say that everyone’s opinion of a good pic has so many variables and can become a popularity contest at times! I guess there is no real way of doing it without being picked apart one way or another! lol

Great thread and really enjoyed all the great pics! Congrats to the finalists and Happy New Year to all!

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
This is my second favorite thread of the year on rokslide, second only to the original contest thread with all the pics. Looking at this thread every year is just a little bitter sweet for me. I love seeing everyone’s great pics and bucks but it just reminds me how sh*tty I am at taking pics. 😂🥲 One day I’ll learn a thing or two and actually apply them to my own pics… maybe! Great pics and bucks everyone!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty sure we at least know who our first place winner is, but we always have @Jskaanland check the vote to make sure everything’s legit. Give us a couple days.

great bucks & even better photo's. But am I the only one that cringes on the photo's where the hunter stages their fancy super-duper rifle in front of the animal to say hey look at my bada$$ rifle .... just corny IMO.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty sure we at least know who our first place winner is, but we always have @Jskaanland check the vote to make sure everything’s legit. Give us a couple days.
Still working on this.

Just found out we announced the wrong winner in the elk contest (missed disqualifying some ineligible votes) so don’t think this vote verify is taken lightly. We wanna get it right.

@Jskaanland working on it and hope tomorrow is official announcement day.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK! We think we got this right. Winners are…….

@Dos Perros with a yuuuge 32% of the vote for 1st place and the Kryptek Kilsia Down Bag with this moving image:
966262D8-4EA1-4824-8D67-402474FDD6B3.jpeg
and

@bpurtz for 2nd place with a fantastic pic of a great buck. He also takes a Kryptek Kilsia Bag
F87D04EC-AA04-4304-AC6C-16853898CBBD.jpeg

Then rounding out third is @kodyshriver with a buck from what we’ll call ”Winners Mountain” (see post 17 above). He can pick either of the HBMD Books.
FEBBCA36-5151-4DA6-8B15-A5D34B1DF924.jpeg

(Let’s throw out an honorable mention, too. Just love that pic of that big ol‘ buck from @Tallfeller454)

Winners, hit me with a PM with your shipping info and I’ll intro you to the crew at Kryptek. And big thanks to Kryptek for providing solid gear for a solid contest.

That’s it for the Best Mule Deer Hunt Photo Contest (@Travis Bertrand, @Juan_ID, mine and many mores’ fav contest)

Let’s get ready for 2023!