Colorado hotel resort within 2.5 hours of Denver.

cman79

FNG
OP
C

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
My wife and I want to get away to the Rockies for a long weekend towards the end of summer for our anniversary. We love Montana and Wyoming but flying there from Atlanta or Chattanooga will eat up an entire day of travel each way. Flying into Denver is cheap and easy. Can some folks familiar with the area please give me a rundown of some nicer luxury hotels/resorts and towns in the mountains within a 2 to 2.5 hour drive of the Denver airport? We love the Broadmoor but it’s actually booked that weekend. I’m considering Breckinridge or Vail it I don’t even recognize any of the hotels in Breckinridge. I am open to all suggestions including other locations within a decently short drive of Denver. Thanks in advance.
Thanks for all the suggestions. We have just booked our flights. Looking hard at Sonnenalp or ritz in vail or the Stanley in Estes park

We just stayed the last 6 days in Steamboat Springs. Will be driving home in Tennessee and plan on spending the day in Estes Park and the Stanley Hotel. We have really liked it here at the Wyndham resort. It has been quiet and peaceful for sure.