Colorado flat tops situation?

Treeratslayer

Lil-Rokslider
Not looking for spots, just wondering how the general flat tops area is doing? I hear it’s been dry, and looks like snow is still a long way off. I’ll be headed out for 3rd rifle. Did a lot of e scouting and we tried to find multiple spots in multiple elevation bands. I felt like a lot of mine were all too high, but weather looks like it might work out in my favor. Of course, it can change in an instant up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qmalone64

FNG
Headed there for my first western hunt for second rifle. Can let you know anything an amateur notices haha

Hunted 25/26 for first rifle, half a dozen shots opening day and not a single shot after that. Didn't see a single elk taken off the mountain and lots of people pulling out on the 3rd day. Elk density seemed to be low compared to what I've heard.

OP
T

Treeratslayer

Lil-Rokslider
Hunted 25/26 for first rifle, half a dozen shots opening day and not a single shot after that. Didn't see a single elk taken off the mountain and lots of people pulling out on the 3rd day. Elk density seemed to be low compared to what I've heard.

Glad I didn’t buy an elk tag too then. I’ll be chasing mule deer.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I don’t think the deer have recovered since the die off. I spent some time up there with a friend and saw exactly 0 deer. I’ve never not seen a deer!

Last edited:

Azone

WKR
Three of us in my circle are heading out for 4th rifle come next month. Haven’t been there in two years. Will be curious to see what the old stomping grounds look like after the die off.

OP
T

Treeratslayer

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t think the deer have recovered since the die off. I spent some time up there with a friend and saw exactly 0 deer. I’ve never not seen a deer!

That’s reassuring lol we aren’t setting the bar high. My backup plan is my 3wt fly rod and a lake for some cuts. When the hunting sucks, catch fish lol

Ucsdryder

WKR
That’s reassuring lol we aren’t setting the bar high. My backup plan is my 3wt fly rod and a lake for some cuts. When the hunting sucks, catch fish lol

Lots of lakes up that way with Brookies, assuming you can get to them with the weather.