Colorado draw results 2024

mww982

WKR
I got drawn for my second choice, Unit 77 archery. However, my hunting partner and I weren't on the same page for applying. I may end up sending it in for a refund so and go during 2nd rifle OTC. Not sure what to do go archery alone or go rifle with a friend.

TheHammer

WKR
I got drawn for my second choice, Unit 77 archery. However, my hunting partner and I weren't on the same page for applying. I may end up sending it in for a refund so and go during 2nd rifle OTC. Not sure what to do go archery alone or go rifle with a friend.
Tons of access, trails and lower elevations. Pretty safe solo hunt. Good luck!

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I have $100 small game license…. And did not draw a tag that was 100% on GoHunt. (Note: I chose the area because I grew up there and have family there. The GoHunt thing is just a running joke as that’s the third or fourth time I did not draw a “100% draw odds” tag.)

The next time anyone says we need more hunters they need to get slapped in the face.
sounds like you may be failing to observe draw trends last few years. Hrd to miss three years in a row. I bet some of those had stats showing they were getting tougher to draw.

Go hunt never told you a tag was 100% draw for this year. They and the other nearly identical draw stats sites, as does CPW website, do tell you the odds at given point levels for last year. Seeing 100% odds last year is just the starting point to assessing what this year may be like.

OP
Timberline001
Well, I have $100 small game license…. And did not draw a tag that was 100% on GoHunt. (Note: I chose the area because I grew up there and have family there. The GoHunt thing is just a running joke as that’s the third or fourth time I did not draw a “100% draw odds” tag.)

The next time anyone says we need more hunters they need to get slapped in the face.
Nah man stay positive. Those odds are based off the year before so you still need to go into each draw with a glass half full perspective. Gohunts just consolidating Colorado fish and games data for you in one place in an easier way to read it. Sadly you’ve got to pay to play but the good thing is you should have better odds next year. They also changed the tag allocation for non residents this year making it even more difficult to draw. Draws are frustrating but it’s all a part of hunting and I love it.

Reactions: prm
Struck out again for 3rf season deer and second choice 2nd season deer. A few years ago it was a 1 point draw now it's 2-3. 2nd was a guarantee draw as a second choice

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
Point creep got me, I believe it is due to the 5% reduction in NR tags this year. In the past 12 years, it has gone from an over-the-counter hunt to a 1-point draw, to now I assume a 2pt draw. Sucks!

No Colorado for me.
Chasing Elk in Idaho in September though!

prm

WKR
sounds like you may be failing to observe draw trends last few years. Hrd to miss three years in a row. I bet some of those had stats showing they were getting tougher to draw.

Go hunt never told you a tag was 100% draw for this year. They and the other nearly identical draw stats sites, as does CPW website, do tell you the odds at given point levels for last year. Seeing 100% odds last year is just the starting point to assessing what this year may be like.
It’s all good. I know what the odds indicate, I wanted to hunt there because it’s home. The series of missed draws, not in succession and across different units/hunts, at what were 100%, is merely a sign of the times.

westonhoma

Lil-Rokslider
Dangg i thought id see more guys complaining (like how I am about to lol). Didnt draw 1st season elk which i thought would have been a LOCK based on the points I had.. With typical creep and CO cutting back the NR tags.. nice to see guys still gettin lucky! OTC here I come!