Colorado draw results 2024

Muzzy buck mule deer and cow elk.
Sorry shoulder, summer practice will not be kind to you.

Happy for all of you guys who drew. From the sounds of this $hit show, a lot of things are potentially changing. lol

Last edited:
Happy for all of you guys who drew. From the sounds of this $hit show, a lot of things are potentially changing. lol

Thanks for posting that video.

For those interested..
5:40 (hours) starts point creep conversation
5:47 (hours) mentions losing OTC in the coming years as if that’s already a matter-of-fact in that office.

gaswamp

FNG
question I'm kinda new at this colorado deer draw thing... I selected a preference point for my 1st choice. However, on my second choice I selected third season anterless in a Unit where no points were needed last year. My application was unsuccessful does that mean 2nd choice now requires a point to get picked

question I'm kinda new at this colorado deer draw thing... I selected a preference point for my 1st choice. However, on my second choice I selected third season anterless in a Unit where no points were needed last year. My application was unsuccessful does that mean 2nd choice now requires a point to get picked
Just because a unit took zero points doesn't mean it is a second choice unit. Tags are only available second/third/fourth choice if they make it that far.

Say a unit has 25 tags.
10 go at 2pp,
14 go at 1pp,
1 goes at 0pp.
There could have been 100 applications with 0pp and 1 person got lucky with 1% draw odds or simply 1 application with 0pp for 100% draw odds. It was still a 0pp unit.

Now say a second choice unit has 1,000 tags
100 go 2pp
150 go 1pp
500 go 0pp
Leaving 250 tags available for those who selected it as second choice.
Now there could have been 500 second choice applications for those remaining 250 tags. So you have a 50% chance at drawing second choice.

So it's never a gimme.

gaswamp

FNG
Just because a unit took zero points doesn't mean it is a second choice unit. Tags are only available second/third/fourth choice if they make it that far.

Say a unit has 25 tags.
10 go at 2pp,
14 go at 1pp,
1 goes at 0pp.
There could have been 100 applications with 0pp and 1 person got lucky with 1% draw odds or simply 1 application with 0pp for 100% draw odds. It was still a 0pp unit.

Now say a second choice unit has 1,000 tags
100 go 2pp
150 go 1pp
500 go 0pp
Leaving 250 tags available for those who selected it as second choice.
Now there could have been 500 second choice applications for those remaining 250 tags. So you have a 50% chance at drawing second choice.

So it's never a gimme.
thanks for a great explanation. guess I will try the secondary draw

Hnthrdr

WKR
Yes. Point creep is a real thing

prm

WKR
Nothing for me….yet.
Well, I have $100 small game license…. And did not draw a tag that was 100% on GoHunt. (Note: I chose the area because I grew up there and have family there. The GoHunt thing is just a running joke as that’s the third or fourth time I did not draw a “100% draw odds” tag.)

The next time anyone says we need more hunters they need to get slapped in the face.

Last edited: