Colorado backpacking trip

crumy

WKR
I googled and if this is the one it seems pretty straight forward About 205 miles / 3 hours

Can you check my directions?

25 south to 70 west to 470 east to 285 south to left at Colordo Trail (looks like first left after Lininger Lake Road)

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I googled and if this is the one it seems pretty straight forward About 205 miles / 3 hours

Can you check my directions?

25 south to 70 west to 470 east to 285 south to left at Colordo Trail (looks like first left after Lininger Lake Road)

Your directions look good for the 1 o'clock meeting place!

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For the guys coming in later, please give me a call and I'll give you the directions to the trail head and campsite area.

720-937-1418

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I will also throw my number out there for people to call for the Friday met up if they get lost.

480-326-9009

Sure would like go on this one and start meeting some of you folks. I'm in the office all weekend. Would have liked to try out my new mega tarp and stove. Perhaps the next one. Keep them going!

Best regards,

Tom

armyjoe

Super Moderator
There will be no car camping Haha. We will hike in on the trail and camp there and on Saturday may hike to a different spot to camp that night. So no big base camp.

Mileage is minimal. Probably 2.5 the first night and equal the second night if we end up moving.

So pack a shelter that is conducive to hiking in.

coOverwatch

Lil-Rokslider
similar question. We going to set up a base camp in the same spot as the winter trip and then day hike out of that. or be mobile. If we set up a base camp I will bring my 14 x 17 canvas tent else the small two man. (no horses on this trip to carry everything :) )

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Is everyone is feeling froggy on Saturday morning, we can go as far as you guys want.

Like Joe said, tomorrow will be easy and a good day to get organized.

crumy

WKR
Ok.. this will seem like a stupid question but I am OCD when it comes to details. Are we meeting right off road (285) or are we going up the road to the right until it ends. I see on maps.google.com that it goes up a ways.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Alright folks, its go time!

Any last questions, comments or concerns before we meet up?

Kenosha Pass parking lot on 285 at 1PM.

bbrown

WKR
Have fun fellas! I will catch you guys on the next trip.

I should actually be passing by you guys around the same time only I will have my little pop up in tow. Heading to southern CO for the week with the wife and some friends.