Colorado Backdoor Thread

Straight6

FNG
If I remember correctly from past years, the 400 code is for the application, and the 500 code is if you draw the tag. So, having a 400 code doesn't necessarily mean you didn't draw (everyone that applies will show a 400 code), its the lack of a 500 code that means you struck out. So don't get discouraged if you log in the first time and only see a 400 code, its when the 500 code doesn't show up that you can let the disappointment set in!

sneaky

"DADDY"
And we make fun of women on Black Friday lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Last year I turned in my late season deer tag for a few reasons with 13 points, but applied for the same tag this year and should get it again. Just not very excited to be chasing deer or camping in Dec. I absolutely hate the cold, which is why I'm an archery hunter........but not a fan of velvet bucks either. Oh well.

cnelk

WKR
Something to remember about the 500 code is if you applied for Choices 1-4, and you get a 500 code, you wont know which choice you drew...

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Something to remember about the 500 code is if you applied for Choices 1-4, and you get a 500 code, you wont know which choice you drew...

That's what the tag will tell you.;) I'm as impatient as they come........but when it comes to the draw it's like Christmas presents for me........I can wait all year.

As for Black Friday.......just look and see which sex is always camped out in front of stores for a week ahead of time......it's always guys.

Good luck to all you hunters toeing the points line! I should *knock on wood* easily draw my tag this year. I'm about double what it took to draw it last year lol

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Does this apply for the elk apps also?

It applies for ALL draw based tags, its just timing of when they start posting. You need some folks the start reporting a 5xx revision on theirs to know whether the draw occurred since if you didn't draw you have no visibility with your 4xx tag to know if you didn't draw or if it just didn't happen yet. In the end though real results are just a couple weeks out. :)

cnelk

WKR
A few more details about the ''Backdoor"

When the species drawing is taking place, you will notice that ALL Pref Points for that species will be missing in your PP page.
Then in about 3-5 days, the Backdoor opens up.

So, I just looked [Noon 5/15/17] and my deer points MISSING
That means probably by the weekend the Backdoor for Deer will be open

Good Luck to all who applied

If you're super desperate you can also call CPW and ask them how many preference points you have. My best friend applied for 44 third rifle with 11 points, he called this morning and he now has 12 points, meaning he didn't draw. It's worth a shot if you're desperate to know if you drew a first choice tag.

CoHiCntry

WKR
So, I just looked [Noon 5/15/17] and my deer points MISSING
That means probably by the weekend the Backdoor for Deer will be open.

They actually dissappeared two days ago... at least mine did. So it might be open even sooner!

Of course, that was a 16 point tag two years ago. I got tired of waiting for it so started applying elsewhere with my 13 points.

I neglected to mention he is a resident, so he's much closer to drawing than non-residents. I'm concerned point creep will keep him from drawing for at least another couple years, though.

cnelk

WKR
Just beware.
A couple years ago the CPW had to 'redo' the deer draw.
And I believe that this is first time in a long time that the deer draw is before the elk draw