Cold Bow 2024.... QnA Thread

Fatcamp

WKR
Looks like I got in. Wind is horrible. I have shortened my distance to 40 and will focus my practice this year on shorter distances.

I shot a deer in December with my muzzleloader that had been arrowed in early September and whose left shoulder was in horrible shape due to a carbon arrow being lodged in there. I met the guy who arrowed him right after he left the field. 45 yards. Had watched him all summer and had him patterned. After seeing the shape that deer was in I wasn't even sure I wanted to hunt archery again. I will, but it changed my mindset for sure.

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
Just finished up the trad part of my CBC2024. This was a good test and I think I'll be incorporating it into my shooting sessions going forward (for both compound and trad).

Real bummed I missed it this year had an archery shoot Saturday so I planned for Sunday. We bear hunted all day from morning to dark hiking through the snow and mud. Spaced it out Monday. Good luck to all who got it and some awesome shooting going on!

lak2004

WKR
Real bummed I missed it this year had an archery shoot Saturday so I planned for Sunday. We bear hunted all day from morning to dark hiking through the snow and mud. Spaced it out Monday. Good luck to all who got it and some awesome shooting going on!
You could still shoot but might not make it into the challenge. Usually there's some who don't finish and they need alternates. Get after it!

Jethro

WKR
I love the Cold Bow Challenge and I did well. 3 hits at 50 and will admit the first shot of the day doesn't always come out that way for me, everyday. Confidence was high. I repeat confidence was high.

Saturday morning finds a gobbler in front of me, maybe 14 yards. I got the bird, but I bet I missed my spot by 6", maybe 7. Confidence back to normal and will continue to utilize luck as well as a little skill.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd still recommend entering. Always have a few that enter but never finish, quite a few with still only one arrow shoot down range. Including menow I better get to shooting.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
@huntian 's comments in post 100/Day 2 cracked me up!

"Shot 2: Bad news. I'm sure a lot of you had me going all three arrows in the zone so I have to say...this one's on me. I got in my head. There I was drawing back, worried about all the wrong things. Why am I shooting a doe with my bow? Why didn't I sip my White Monster before shooting? Am I finally going to earn Robby's respect? Is 80# too much? Is 80# enough? This doe has taken a beating and she's still standing. Maybe I should be shooting with my rifle?? I was already swimming laps in my head by shot 2. 100m freestyle in my own head."

"Why am I shooting a doe...?, maybe need my rifle...?" lol

and even more respect for you now not trying to claim a hit. Thanks for coming out Dustin, now back to the energy drink reviews.

huntian

FNG
@huntian 's comments in post 100/Day 2 cracked me up!

"Shot 2: Bad news. I'm sure a lot of you had me going all three arrows in the zone so I have to say...this one's on me. I got in my head. There I was drawing back, worried about all the wrong things. Why am I shooting a doe with my bow? Why didn't I sip my White Monster before shooting? Am I finally going to earn Robby's respect? Is 80# too much? Is 80# enough? This doe has taken a beating and she's still standing. Maybe I should be shooting with my rifle?? I was already swimming laps in my head by shot 2. 100m freestyle in my own head."

"Why am I shooting a doe...?, maybe need my rifle...?" lol

and even more respect for you now not trying to claim a hit. Thanks for coming out Dustin, now back to the energy drink reviews.
Cheers from my pregnant wife and I! Thanks Robby.

IMG_9617.jpg

I didn't wrap my bow around a tree this weekend, but I wanted to.

Hobbled up a bit, messed up my foot yesterday. More or less shooting on 1 foot, driving to the target, cause crutches suck.

I chose 65 as I think that's a max for whitetail, after I already have gotten an arrow in it. Anymore I'm thinking a true max on WT is 40-45 yards, has nothing to do with what I can hit, but with the animal being anywhere close to where it was when you shot by the time the arrow gets there.
Not elk hunting this year, looking like just bear, deer, turkey. So actually have a lot more weight on my hunting bow than usual, cause out west, carrying a bow, I like it fairly light.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't wrap my bow around a tree this weekend, but I wanted to.

Hobbled up a bit, messed up my foot yesterday. More or less shooting on 1 foot, driving to the target, cause crutches suck.

I chose 65 as I think that's a max for whitetail, after I already have gotten an arrow in it. Anymore I'm thinking a true max on WT is 40-45 yards, has nothing to do with what I can hit, but with the animal being anywhere close to where it was when you shot by the time the arrow gets there.
Not elk hunting this year, looking like just bear, deer, turkey. So actually have a lot more weight on my hunting bow than usual, cause out west, carrying a bow, I like it fairly light.
sorry about your foot.

what's your CBC post number?