Cold Bow 2024.... QnA Thread

Not to interrupt the sweet sweet flow of meemee's... but I think this cold bow challenge has really helped me hone in on what it means to have a bulletproof shot. Been shooting with Joel Turner's ShotIQ system for several years now, but the challenge has always been to get my brain fully in control of that first arrow. It's always taken lots of shooting to keep all the little details fresh in my mind and keep me calm for the first arrow of the next day. Apologies to @robby denning for all my complaints over the years, but this is why trad guys shoot so much even while hunting!

Anyways, this year was different, because I have finally set up my bow and shot process in a way that lets me work Joel's system, and not try to make the shot happen when it looks good. It showed up big time for me this year. Confidence is up because I know how to get that first shot to be truly controlled now.

Not to interrupt the sweet sweet flow of meemee's... but I think this cold bow challenge has really helped me hone in on what it means to have a bulletproof shot. Been shooting with Joel Turner's ShotIQ system for several years now, but the challenge has always been to get my brain fully in control of that first arrow. It's always taken lots of shooting to keep all the little details fresh in my mind and keep me calm for the first arrow of the next day. Apologies to @robby denning for all my complaints over the years, but this is why trad guys shoot so much even while hunting!

Anyways, this year was different, because I have finally set up my bow and shot process in a way that lets me work Joel's system, and not try to make the shot happen when it looks good. It showed up big time for me this year. Confidence is up because I know how to get that first shot to be truly controlled now.
Hey, this is great to hear. And another testament for Joel’s system.

I’ll check out your post here in the next day or two, sounds like you finished strong 👊👊👊

What’s your post #?

I’m in with a solid miss to start! I suck hahaha. Shots 2 and 3 won’t be until Tuesday and Wednesday.
Thanks for putting this on!

I’m in with a solid miss to start! I suck hahaha. Shots 2 and 3 won’t be until Tuesday and Wednesday.
Thanks for putting this on!
Crap!

I’ve been there a time or two.

Makes you feel wonderful to blow it right outta the gate.

You’ll recover

(And glad you made it in before it was closed)

Reactions: KBC
lol!

@huntian makes his grand entrance at none other than post 100!

Dont lie Dustin! You had that post ready at 730 this morning and just waited for 100 slot to come up.

Sounds like a guy who reviews too many energy drinks and makes his wife mow the lawn while he scrolls IG 😂😂😂

Seriously man, grand entrance and glad you came out for the CBC. You’re way ahead of the rest of us for practice so I expect 3/3!!! (But I’m secretly hoping you use the wrong pin)

@Travis Hobbs look who come sneaking in!

lol!

@huntian makes his grand entrance at none other than post 100!

Dont lie Dustin! You had that post ready at 730 this morning and just waited for 100 slot to come up.

Sounds like a guy who reviews too many energy drinks and makes his wife mow the lawn while he scrolls IG 😂😂😂

Seriously man, grand entrance and glad you came out for the CBC. You’re way ahead of the rest of us for practice so I expect 3/3!!! (But I’m secretly hoping you use the wrong pin)

@Travis Hobbs look who come sneaking in!
* pregnant wife. btw, I haven't seen a baby shower gift from you Robby??? I'll take a case of white Monsters ;)

The Cold Bow Challenge always seems to be a good gut check early enough I'm the year to get me going on the right path. Ive shot it for several years now and it's really helped me practice with a purpose and not get lazy. While it's only 3 arrows this year I kept it going all the way to 5 and wanted to post them up to encourage guys to keep it going. Robby suggested to post them on this thread.

Day 1
1000011478.jpg

Day 2
1000011502.jpg
Day 3
1000011521.jpg

Day 4
1000011560.jpg
Best shot yet but the wind was blowing and my plate blew up off the target so It torn the corner.

1000011581.jpg

First time I've gone 5 for 5 on this challenge. I've pushed my range in the past but this year I kept it at my max range on an animal.
Don't stop at 3 days or alternatively do a 3 day cold bow challenge a couple times before the season.

The Cold Bow Challenge always seems to be a good gut check early enough I'm the year to get me going on the right path. Ive shot it for several years now and it's really helped me practice with a purpose and not get lazy. While it's only 3 arrows this year I kept it going all the way to 5 and wanted to post them up to encourage guys to keep it going. Robby suggested to post them on this thread.

Day 1
View attachment 713217

Day 2
View attachment 713219
Day 3
View attachment 713220

Day 4
View attachment 713221
Best shot yet but the wind was blowing and my plate blew up off the target so It torn the corner.

View attachment 713222

First time I've gone 5 for 5 on this challenge. I've pushed my range in the past but this year I kept it at my max range on an animal.
Don't stop at 3 days or alternatively do a 3 day cold bow challenge a couple times before the season.
Good group Chad. What was your MER?

Back