Cold Bow 2024.... QnA Thread

And we're off! Just want to comment that compounds are stupid... I made a really solid (for me) first shot in 4.5 months at 45 frickin yards. I bust my butt 365 days a year to try and keep my trad MER north of 20!
No doubt, shot my compound at 80 and made a good shot. 30 with the recurve and totally got in my head and shot about 6” high. I’ll be hunting with both this year.
It’s funny because I went out last night and went 5/5 with both and the recurve my BH was in the 3” blue dot surrounded by FP.

I just need to stop shooting 20 with the recurve for a while and focus on 30. 20 & 25 I could probably go 90-100 in a 6” circle. 30 it’s day to day.

Question: I put my basic arrow info in the challenge thread because I thought it might be interesting to share and get a sense of what others are shooting. I don't want to clutter the post up though, so I wanted to check if I should delete that out or leave it in.

Question: I put my basic arrow info in the challenge thread because I thought it might be interesting to share and get a sense of what others are shooting. I don't want to clutter the post up though, so I wanted to check if I should delete that out or leave it in.

I put a half-line in for the same reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the same as being entered in the challenge twice- once for compound and once for traditional.

So if you have less than 300 posts you'll get 1 entry for each so 2 total.
If you have 300 posts or more you'll get 2 entries for each so 4 total.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk
Thanks to you and @Howard Mee for clarifying 👍👍

Man, watching everybody launching arrows this morning, makes it extra suck to be hurt and not be able to shoot.

Not to be a jerk, but I'm glad I'm not the only one that missed my first shot! ( Although I think I missed worse than anybody)
Oh, you’re in good company. I’ve missed my first shot on at least one challenge maybe two. Really gets the winning spirit up when you blow your first one.

Hey so I’m new to the challenge, planning to shoot tomorrow morning tho. Just a quick question that I didn’t find the answer to in the rules. Do you have to hit 3/3 on your target to be entered in the drawings? Or just shoot your 3 arrows and you’re entered regardless of hit rate?

Hey so I’m new to the challenge, planning to shoot tomorrow morning tho. Just a quick question that I didn’t find the answer to in the rules. Do you have to hit 3/3 on your target to be entered in the drawings? Or just shoot your 3 arrows and you’re entered regardless of hit rate?
Just shoot all 3. You don’t even need to hit the target as long as you post all three shots.

No hit requirement to be entered in the drawings, just finish the 3 shot challenge.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

Figure this comment will ruffle feathers.
After looking through the first days shots, I wonder how some guys pick their MER?
Picked mine because I practice at 60 because it’s 60 across a meadow that I elk hunt in.
Honestly, some guys might want to rethink their range. To me, MER is where I can put every arrow every time in the kill zone. I know there’s that occasional gremlin that will pop up, but I know I can put a arrow in the animal at 60.

After looking through the first days shots, I wonder how some guys pick their MER?
Picked mine because I practice at 60 because it’s 60 across a meadow that I elk hunt in.
Honestly, some guys might want to rethink their range. To me, MER is where I can put every arrow every time in the kill zone. I know there’s that occasional gremlin that will pop up, but I know I can put a arrow in the animal at 60.
This time of year I pick my MER of what I want to strive for by the time hunting season rolls around. I plan to practice out to 90 yards throughout the summer and then make my MER less than that for hunting. (I spot and stalk mulies on open prairie so the shots aren't limited by certain cover. It will come down to what I can execute) I'm on my way to do make my first shot for Cold Bow Challenge and I'm setting my MER at 63. We shall see what it actually is by end of summer and into the fall. I'll have to adjust accordingly.

I pick mine based on where I think I'll fail after doing this challenge for multiple years. Haven't shot my bow much besides a ton of shots breaking in the strings at close range. This is my first time completely missing the target. If your MER is where you stack dimes you should push yourself a little further and see what's possible or not.

Back