Cold bore zero versus (very) Hot bore zero “test”

I understand you are trolling, however it is sad that you just go to fallacies to argue a point that won’t stand up to any actual analysis.

“I’ve killed deer so I am right, but I don’t clearly state what I am disagreeing with”.
Nah, you just can't stand it when not everyone worships the ground you walk on and takes everything you say as the gospel. As to your aversion to cold bore shots not proving anything, I call BS.

Thanks for the excellent post jourdan, and you make a solid point. I am definitely not in opposition to someone shooting 10 round rapid fire groups. I could care less. My point the whole time is that I find it to be a waste of time and not worth the effort, and my personal experiences validate it FOR ME. I could care less what someone else does with his load development, etc.

No one asked, or argued with you about what you do. You are segueing points that have never been brought up.

To say cold bore shots won't give you a solid indication of what your load/rifle/optic is doing is hogwash though, IMO.

Please point out a single post that I wrote that says “cold bore shots won’t give you a solid indication of what a load/rifle/optic is doing”. You are reading into this whatever you want, instead of reading what is actually written.

Nah, you just can't stand it when not everyone worships the ground you walk on and takes everything you say as the gospel.

I could care less if someone disagrees. Using fallacies and hiding behind nonspecific points, isn’t a way to do so.

As to your aversion to cold bore shots not proving anything, I call BS.

Please point out a single post where I stated that cold bore shots won’t prove anything.

Obviously first cold bore shots don't land in "exactly" the same hole every time. I said mine land under MOA every time or that load gets re-worked. Here's 5 from 5 cold bore shots at a 1/2" square if it makes you feel better.

GidBZTd.jpg

Obviously first cold bore shots don't land in "exactly" the same hole every time. I said mine land under MOA every time or that load gets re-worked. Here's 5 from 5 cold bore shots at a 1/2" square if it makes you feel better.

View attachment 604223
Do you think that group would be significantly different if you shot them back to back without letting the barrel cool?

Obviously first cold bore shots don't land in "exactly" the same hole every time. I said mine land under MOA every time or that load gets re-worked.

“Every” shot lands under 1 MOA? Every?

Here's 5 from 5 cold bore shots at a 1/2" square if it makes you feel better.

View attachment 604223

What’s your point? Show one post where I said you couldn’t put five cold bore shots under on inch.

Do you think that group would be significantly different if you shot them back to back without letting the barrel cool?
The funnier thing is the shots that are about an inch away and outside of MOA if shooting at 100 yards. Never though I would see someone so blatantly confirm the unofficial name of the Texas Sharp Shooter fallacy in real life. Guess it got its name for a reason.

Rather confirms the entire point about larger groups as well.

“Every” shot lands under 1 MOA? Every?

What’s your point? Show one post where I said you couldn’t put five cold bore shots under on inch.
I stop at 5 round group, cold bore shots, and they all go under MOA or I revisit load development. I then shoot the load at 300 to see if it will group a few 3 shot groups under MOA, cold bore of course. 99% of the time if the wind is cooperating they do, and I call load development done, then proceed to kill stuff, lots of stuff.

With a properly bedded, mounted, and torqued setup, with good equipment, it shouldn't. I rely on cold bore shots for reasons explained a few times earlier so won't do it just for you again.

Have you ever shot groups with a rifle that is zeroed and accurate? You shoot your aim point out and the remaining shots become increasingly difficult to maintain the same point of aim. I don't even worry about adjusting my zero until after I've shot all the groups I want. Last thing I do is adjusting the final zero and verify. Zeroing has nothing to do with groups and can be detrimental to group size.

Jay
Even the 2 rifles that were zeroed didn’t shoot the aim point out.

Impressive mantle. I feel like I've seen this picture shared elsewhere to prove your legitness.

To the point - what are you even arguing about? I can't follow a coherent point?
Well, according to the sheeple here a guy has to have "data points" so those are but a small faction of mine. Sound like a personal problem if you can't read and understand the conversation.

I'm just reading and learning here, but it seems like where things go sideways is people talking about slightly different things. To my read, this test showed that good barrels don't meaningfully shift POI when hot. Of course my goal in the field is 1 or 2 cold bore, but I'm not going to zero with 1 or 2 for reasons discussed at length elsewhere, namely that 1 or 2 aren't enough to show the average POI, which is what I'm trying to adjust. So, I can get a decent sample size (10 shots) all at once, instead of doing 2 a day for a week or something, and the results will be the same.

Put another way, even if all you care about is the 1st cold bore shot of the day, you need a good zero to do that, and this test shows the fastest way to get there is to just rip 10 at once.

With a properly bedded, mounted, and torqued setup, with good equipment, it shouldn't. I rely on cold bore shots for reasons explained a few times earlier so won't do it just for you again.
A FEW times?? You have stated many times in 10 days that you don't see the purpose of this thread or 10 shot groups. Do you feel stating your OPINION many times over and over convinces anyone? Really? Seriously?
@Formidilosus very informative thread, but you dropped the ball on not locking it and creating a discussion thread, like the scope tests! :ROFLMAO:

Back