Colarado elk gmu 65 guide pack out

Bligneel

FNG
Hey guys wasn't able to draw any tags for montana so going otc in colorado. planning on gmu 65 and looking for any info someone might have on a possible lead for someone with horses or some sort for packing out if we tag one. Was gonna plan on packing it out ourselves but just makes me nervous not wanting meat to spoil or go to waste due to not getting it out quick enough. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

11boo

WKR
Do like this guy . Found on my W Colo Craigslist.

Long retired firefighter (now 81, ouch) looking for some help getting the critter out after I get him. Waited 23 years to draw this tag. I've taken a truck load of elk thru the years. Still capable of getting him. Packing him out a diff story. I will have a 4 wheeler, just need a body younger than mine. $200 day plus expenses. Not going to pay you to guide...unless you are a licensed guide. That would be a violation of CO law. If I can't do the time I won't to do the crime. And, I don't want to do the time. Give me a call if you or someone you know would be interested. I don't think a horse is necessary. I envision getting the 4 wheeler as close as possible and carry pieces to the machine. Thanks much, J

That is a 61 tag btw. If anyone wants his contact info I’ll get it to ya.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bligneel

FNG
Thanks guys talked to action adventures and sounds like they can do it! Thanks for the help!

Hi Bligneel. How did your hunt go? Also very interested getting help with a pack out in '23.
Drew 61 archery in '21 but had to turn tag in for family reasons and kept my points. Expect to draw with 28 NR points.

OP
B

Bligneel

FNG
The hunt went pretty good for our first ever elk hunt. We were able to get into elk 3 of our days out their. Had a nice 6x6 at 50 yards but he didn't give us a clean shot and left empty handed. We were extremely happy with how well our first experience was and how we were able to find the elk. Lots of people but we were able to hike about 4 miles in through some rough terrain but it worked out as we didn't have any issues with running into anyone.

Glad you made a good outlook on the hunt.

Any words on places to camp? Is the access and roads as easy and plentiful as it sounds?

OP
B

Bligneel

FNG
We didnt have any issues with access. Their are plenty of places to pull up and pitch a tent. We backpacked in for a couple days and camped backcountry but then we moved spots and ended up truck camping for part of the trip as well.