Coffee cup

N2TRKYS

WKR
What's a lightweight coffee cup that you can hold and drink out of without burning your hands and lips?

I've had quite a few different ones. Honestly, one of the ones that works the best is the cheap plastic GSI or similar mugs available most of places for $2.95. Cut the handle off to make them a little more compact. Lighter than a double wall Ti mug and doesn't burn you like the single wall ones. About 2 oz as I recall.

http://www.gsioutdoors.com/shop/beverages-partyware/mugs/cascadian-mug.html?color=Green

I've also used the Sea-to-Summit collapsing mug when trying to save space. They aren't as nice to drink out of though.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Me and this ole girl have spent ALOT of mornings behind the glass together. I got her for free 99. I'd shed a tear if she broke....then go buy a new one.

She weighs in at 1.25 oz.

I do it just to get Justin fired up about politics as he is anti starbucks! Haha

Maybe not super lightweight but I always pack a blue enameled mug. Coffee just seems to taste better out of it. Plus it's also nice to be able to heat water in it next to the fire for my nighttime tea.

i use the GSI one as well. super light weight, keeps my coffee warm for the amount of time im drinking it, and the lid seals quite well.
cheap enough where if i lose it i wont feel bad too.

I use a TOAKS single wall titanium cup, and I sewed up a custom koozie for it. I drink out of it just fine, but you could add the hot lips too if you want.

My issue with single wall Ti is that they cool coffee from boiling to cold in what seems to be about 30 sec. I tried several times to like a Snow Peak before realizing I had purchased a really expensive way to burn my fingers and drink cold coffee. Wasn't actually any lighter that the $3 plastic one either.

I've also used a gifted REI double wall Ti mug a lot. It's "relatively" heavy at ~4 oz, but I've carried it for years and drank a thousand cups from it. Kind of a sentimental favorite even if it doesn't do anything to justify the price.

Yk

Felix40

WKR
I wish sea to summit would make a lid for their collapsible mug. Its nice to keep coffee a little warmer when its freezing out

My issue with single wall Ti is that they cool coffee from boiling to cold in what seems to be about 30 sec. I tried several times to like a Snow Peak before realizing I had purchased a really expensive way to burn my fingers and drink cold coffee. Wasn't actually any lighter that the $3 plastic one either.

Yk

Exactly! I've got a single wall Ti cup from Evernew that is the same....burn your lips off 1 second, cold coffee the next. Last year I got an MSR mug...it's fairly lightweight, stainless lined and works pretty well. It's trapezoidal shaped which is different but doesnt hinder usage.

I use the REI plastic one with the foam shell linked earlier and love it. Light weight, sealable lid, fold flat handle, keeps things hot but doesn't burn lips. Can't imagine anything better.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Last edited: