CO Wolf Introduction Public Comment

we will with 200 elk ag depredation permits in July. You will be the first whining about.
I'll be the last so whine about them.

I must have missed all the threads full of people complaining about depredation permits in Montana/Idaho/Wyoming. Maybe because no one hunts elk in them...

COelk89

FNG

Unfortunately it looks to late as the commission has bowed to political pressure from the governors office to remove hunting once there is a sustainable population from the plan all together. They will now be shielded by the ESA indefinitely. Ranchers will now be paid up to 15k for losses, per animal or annual I am not sure. Hunters and habitat conservation will not get shit. I hope the Gunnison Stockgrowers Association gets the Nepa analysis approved that will take years

Overdrive

WKR

Unfortunately it looks to late as the commission has bowed to political pressure from the governors office to remove hunting once there is a sustainable population from the plan all together. They will now be shielded by the ESA indefinitely. Ranchers will now be paid up to 15k for losses, per animal or annual I am not sure. Hunters and habitat conservation will not get shit. I hope the Gunnison Stockgrowers Association gets the Nepa analysis approved that will take years
No real surprise there, the wolf advocate groups are well funded. And Polis' husband is in with all of them. I laughed about them talking about Wyoming in the article, like Colorado can change or influence Wyoming policy on wolf hunting.

Yep. I think we all saw this coming. Polis and ProgressNow packed the CPW commission. All lethal means will be off the table, both hunting and for livestock growers, for the foreseeable future. Next stop on this blue train, remove lethal take of all ungulates!

DeePow

FNG
Done. Thanks, why do they want your race and gender on the feedback?
Race and gender are always part of surveys. The organization is interested in identifying who specifically is providing feedback, I.e. is Colorado hearing a proportionate amount of feedback from their Indigenous population, Latino population, male / female, etc.

DuaneZ

FNG
I think it sucks that people in one part of Colorado can vote and dictate what other people in another part of Colorado have to live with. Wolves....
That's how wolves were reintroduced in Yellowstone....pushed through by public pressure from large metropolitan areas in the mid - late 90's.