CO Draw Results - Nervously Awaiting

R2J

FNG
Drawing dead this year, hoping for youth tags for my kids. Mostly I am nervous about so many people in the backcountry it's going to get loved to death.

This year I believe we will see a lot of the applicants(point builders) who sat on the sideline for years and otc hunted elk after they didn’t draw first choice, went ahead and cashed their points in. I believe this will correlate directly to point creep. All it took was losing their toilet paper and sanity last year!
seriously, draw odds are going to restructure after this season. This draw’s many applicants in 4-5 years with 4-5 points will rewrite the book.
the question is what will the cpw commission consider to change it.
Time to fight for the difference

OP
rokclmb

rokclmb

FNG
If I fail to draw my CO buck tag I may shed a few tears, lol. I miss the mountains. I've tried OTC elk hunting a few times and enjoy it but, Mule deer have me hooked! I skipped out on western hunting last year (Didn't draw my tag) and hunted OH whitetail instead and might have to go that route again this fall.

Gonna be a long weekend!

Rich M

WKR
I put in for a third season with two points over last year, I would be surprised if I get drawn.
Did you ever think that the whole points over last year might be a ruse to get folks to waste their points on lesser point units?

There are so many folks with crystal balls telling the future these days. The big deal is the late seasons and the big bucks getting pushed off the mtns or the rut or both. If you aren't targeting those, why would your points change? If 100,000 new guys apply, they still have 0 points.

Just talkin'

Wheels

WKR
I put in for an 8 point unit(last year) with 10 points and already am sure I won't draw my tag. Doing some online research and saw someone post that they had put in with a family member for the same tags and they have more preference points than I do. With only 2 tags available, that puts me out. Who knows, they may be out too if others decided to jump in also.

tdhanses

WKR
Not nervous at all, about 30% of the increase went to sheep, goat and moose, doubt the 50k new apps effects most hunts much Unless you already only had a 10% chance.

WKR
Did you ever think that the whole points over last year might be a ruse to get folks to waste their points on lesser point units?

There are so many folks with crystal balls telling the future these days. The big deal is the late seasons and the big bucks getting pushed off the mtns or the rut or both. If you aren't targeting those, why would your points change? If 100,000 new guys apply, they still have 0 points.

Just talkin'
I don't think anything is a ruse, just latter third season dates. I think people, like myself, have been buying points and waiting for these later third and fourth season dates. Could I have drawn last year? Probably but I think the greater possibility of rut action will make the hunt more memorable. I don't think it is wasting points.

Rich M

WKR
I don't think anything is a ruse, just latter third season dates. I think people, like myself, have been buying points and waiting for these later third and fourth season dates. Could I have drawn last year? Probably but I think the greater possibility of rut action will make the hunt more memorable. I don't think it is wasting points.
What I’m saying is that the first 2 seasons shouldn’t have any point jump. Why would anyone waste extra points on the first 2 seasons?

there is a lot of drama involved in the CO draw this year. Will be interesting to see how it pans out and if all the big bucks get shot.

OutdoorAg

WKR
What I’m saying is that the first 2 seasons shouldn’t have any point jump. Why would anyone waste extra points on the first 2 seasons?

there is a lot of drama involved in the CO draw this year. Will be interesting to see how it pans out and if all the big bucks get shot.

There Will absolutely be point jump in 2nd season hunts.

Those are in the normal 3rd season slot.

I think a LOT of guys are going that direction, especially in primo units where point creep is keeping them out of 3rd season hunts, and zero chance of 4th season.

We will see some unique point creep this year, but it may offset future creep if a ton of dudes cashed in.

Studs1991

FNG
I bet they're going to do the bear draw today to just keep us all anxiously awaiting! Good luck to everyone, hope you draw your tags

fingers crossed but so far my draw applications have yielded nothing but refunds and general small game licenses...haha