Classifieds Old or New Poll

Which style of classifieds do you prefer?

• Old style with one thread and sold items not deleted.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • New style with categorized threads and sold items not deleted.

Votes: 11 14.7%
  • Old style , your momma don't post here so delete your own sold items.

Votes: 38 50.7%
  • New style, your momma don't post here so delete your own sold items.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other, please explain in a post.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

muleman

WKR
Ryan suggested we vote on this. So after giving the new style of classifieds a try for a while vote in the poll.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
muleman

muleman

WKR
Poll will be added in a couple weeks so we can give the new classifieds a fair trial and run for 30 days.

OP
muleman

muleman

WKR
Poll is open until September 26.

With the hunting seasons ramping up the poll was opened up today. It has been one week with the new categorized classifieds, so what do you think?

I dont know how people could like the old style better. It is so much easier to find stuff you want when all the clothing or whatever is in one thread. You also get better exposure selling because your stuff isnt on the 2nd page in a day. My .02.

I expressed my negative opinion in the announcement thread and my view is still the same after using it. I flat out HATE it.

I really hate to be a detractor but personally my use of the classifieds has dropped at least 50% just bc of the added headache.....And that makes me sound just lazy:)

I dont know how people could like the old style better. It is so much easier to find stuff you want when all the clothing or whatever is in one thread. You also get better exposure selling because your stuff isnt on the 2nd page in a day. My .02.

I'm with this feller.

dotman

WKR
I expressed my negative opinion in the announcement thread and my view is still the same after using it. I flat out HATE it.

I really hate to be a detractor but personally my use of the classifieds has dropped at least 50% just bc of the added headache.....And that makes me sound just lazy:)

So far you are in the majority. I now never browse just look at the side bar new topics and never see what else has been listed. It is saving me $$$ so maybe we should keep the new way just because of that.

Murdy

WKR
New style is better if you are looking for a specific item -- easier to find.
Old style is better if you are browsing -- you don't have to back in and out of five threads to see what's out there.

I prefer the old.

Roy68

WKR
My first impressions were that I didn't like it, but after some time I've changed my opinion. I prefer the new. I only see it as being an issue when the seller has multiple items "garage sale" that fall into several categories. Instead of one posted classified you will have several to manage, but the exposure is better. Just my opinion.

Oh, and delete the sold posts, regardless of what the classifieds look like.

jmez

WKR
I still don't like it. I used to click on and look at the classifieds a couple times a day. I haven't looked in them twice with the new format.

Maybe combine clothing, packs, footwear and sleep systems. I think optics, guns, and archery should have their own.

Use both. Post everything in one forum and have a script separate them into there own individual forum based on key words. I will browse and see things I want. I however rarely look for a specific object. This will appease all involved!! WIN, WIN

littlebuf

Banned
lets hurry up and get these new classifieds blown up before they get some "brought to you by" crap on them and we can never get rid of them ....

I don't see a poll, but I like the new style. Easier to find what I'm looking for since it doesn't get buried as quickly.....seems others are finding them just as quickly too as I have been a little too slow on the draw a couple of times.

Being so new to the site, I don't have a lot of experience here. However, I do help moderate a firearms forum where we have a classifieds section.

We have found that adding a prefix (and letting users edit that) works well for marking threads done. The threads aren't actually deleted, but it changes the red "For Sale" prefix that really stands out to white lettered "Done" that just blends in with the other text on the page. It keeps the threads around for "historical" purposes so others can get past prices on items, see if the seller is a good guy/gal, etc. It's not as big of a deal with a $50 or $75 item than it is with a $1000 rifle though. [This may be a plug-in for vBulletin, but I'm not 100% sure]

I like having categories. I'm a sucker for organization though.

Floorguy

WKR
I just saw at this I am hoping it stays this way I like it broken out like it is as I don't look through the clothing, archery, footwear or gun sections.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I can tell you if I have to keep wasting my time tracking people down, the Classifieds are really going to change!!!

Last edited: