Cigarette Lighter Air Compressor

Had one, pumped up 3 tires and it crapped out. The viair 88p that I have been using was around 60 bucks on amazon when I got it.
Any thoughts on these? I don't want to spend much more then $50 on one. I'll just be using it for emergencies.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...r-compressor/hv40a2/4683301?q=superflow&pos=1
I have that same one for a couple of years. I’ve only used it for doing one tire at a time (33s), it takes several minutes and heats up pretty good, but has not failed. So for an emergency flat they are not bad . But I will be upgrading to a Viair as I plan on airin* all four tires up and down on some of the trails I take

My tires are prone to bead leaks when it gets cold out. Any recommendations on a good mini air compressor to keep in the vehicle?

Thanks!

Depends on your budget. I have used the Slime and Home Depot compressors for when I air down on different "out there" trips. My last trip I borrowed a Smittybilt compressor and really liked it. This summer when I retool some of my gear I am upgrading to a Smittybilt for the faster air ups and better run time.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004K25GM...olid=1EFE5YSOXF44E&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used the Slime one for 6.5 years. Have used it on 4 tires in a row. Never cropped out. Never has lost pressure. It’s a bit noisy and slow. I’d probably get something more powerful but it truly does work. Have two of them. One in each SUV.

bobr1

WKR
15 bucks more and you can get the Viair 88p on Amazon which is very well regarded. Skip Starbucks for a couple days :D
This...
The 88p is probably the best unit for the money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
Thread revive.

My wife and I are taking a trip and we were supposed to fly. Plans changed and I only have a couple of days before we leave, we are now driving. I can’t find any of the Viairs locally. Are there any that people have experience with that I could find at Lowe’s, Home Depot, WalMart, etc? I don’t have time to get one shipped in. I am going to order a viair and have it shipped to our destination so we can at least have it for the drive back but would like one just in case for the trip there.

Tod osier

WKR
Thread revive.

My wife and I are taking a trip and we were supposed to fly. Plans changed and I only have a couple of days before we leave, we are now driving. I can’t find any of the Viairs locally. Are there any that people have experience with that I could find at Lowe’s, Home Depot, WalMart, etc? I don’t have time to get one shipped in. I am going to order a viair and have it shipped to our destination so we can at least have it for the drive back but would like one just in case for the trip there.

The thing with a little and cheap on like the slime is that they don't move much air. I have a slime that I use in the barn for the lawn tractor and such. The other day I had the truck tries rotated and they didn't air up the rears (that were on the front). I plugged that slime in and left it nearly 10 minutes per tire to bring it up to pressure. It was HOT when done (and the thing is all plastic). My Viair 300 ill do the same in under a minute, more like a few seconds,

Plan to get a better one, but grab a cheapie for that trip. I try not to abuse the return policy, but order a Viair and pick up a cheapie for the trip to return when the Viair comes in.

CorbLand

WKR
The thing with a little and cheap on like the slime is that they don't move much air. I have a slime that I use in the barn for the lawn tractor and such. The other day I had the truck tries rotated and they didn't air up the rears (that were on the front). I plugged that slime in and left it nearly 10 minutes per tire to bring it up to pressure. It was HOT when done (and the thing is all plastic). My Viair 300 ill do the same in under a minute, more like a few seconds,

Plan to get a better one, but grab a cheapie for that trip. I try not to abuse the return policy, but order a Viair and pick up a cheapie for the trip to return when the Viair comes in.
That is pretty much my plan. If I dont use it, I dont have a problem returning it. Just wondering if anyone had specific experience with one that was decent so if I do have to use it, I at least have decent one.

Kind of leaning towards a Viair 88 as it will really only be used for my wifes car.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
My tires are prone to bead leaks when it gets cold out. Any recommendations on a good mini air compressor to keep in the vehicle?

Thanks!

Viair 450P Automatic.

Smittybilt has one with great specs, but I have not used it.

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had one if the cheaper cigarette lighter type that would blow fuses when plugged in but several more that worked but took forever to inflate a full size tire. I finally broke down and bought the Viair 88p and it is well worth the money. It does clip to the battery but it has plenty of wire length to get to rear tires on a full size extended cab truck. Probably wouldn’t reach a trailer tire but I don’t think any of them would.

My buddy bought the model that you can set it to auto shutoff at desired pressure. That’s handier than you think and wish I had it.

WCB

WKR
I have a Klutch that hooks to the battery (to me it looks like the Viair and Klutch are basically the same just branded different). Helped me a couple times this winter coyote hunting. Didn't have time to switch out the crap factory tires on my truck. Had a flat on a section line rode. filled it up twice before I got to a spot I could change the tire. took a couple minutes from on the rim flat.

My actual recommendation would be get new tires or rims

AZ8

WKR
I have a cheapo Walmart Hyper Tough auto shutoff in my side by side . So far so good after bouncing around on the trails. Still fires up. Have another one from Amazon, Autobots, in my car that’s not as reliable

redbarn

FNG
Any thoughts on these? I don't want to spend much more then $50 on one. I'll just be using it for emergencies.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...r-compressor/hv40a2/4683301?q=superflow&pos=1
By my logic, using it for emergencies means getting something dependable rather than the cheapest. Most 12 Volt car lighters have small wires and low amp fuses. Dependable powerful compressors connect to the battery. Viair is the way to go.

I don't want to need a compressor on the side of the road on a rainy night and have it not work because I saved $30.