Christensen or Fierce?

1signguy

WKR
I am getting ready to buy a new rifle in 300RUM and wanted to get some opinions on these two brands. I have two Christensen rifles (270WSM and 308) and have been happy with them. However, I read very good things about Fierce and am considering picking one up. Without getting into caliber discussions I would love to get some feedback on which brand you would buy and why? Is the Fierce worth the extra $$$? Would you consider buying one of their guns already dialed in?

FURMAN

WKR
Have you owned a Fierce? I would disagree that the Cooper is a lot more rifle. I would put them as the same. Cooper does have better customer service. I would rather have a Fierce or Cooper than a CA but they are nice rifles as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP

1signguy

WKR
Have you owned a Fierce? I would disagree that the Cooper is a lot more rifle. I would put them as the same. Cooper does have better customer service. I would rather have a Fierce or Cooper than a CA but they are nice rifles as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Never owned a Fierce. But I read great things and think I should consider one seeing as they are not that much more than a Christensen. I included Christensen because I have had great luck with them... Have also considered Gunwerks but thats a good bit more $$$. I am sure they are fabulous but hard for me to justify spending that much more when I have had such good luck with Christensen. The Fierce is nominally more than a Christensen which I am certainly willing too spend if folks think its better...

weatherbow21

Lil-Rokslider
I worked up a load for a buddy who bought a Fierce, was not impressed. I would handle one before you buy, feels like a Tikka with some upgrades to me. His was also very lightweight... not something I would want for any type of longrange hunting. I got it to shoot 3/4" with a lot of work to find the right load. Personally I'd never own one.

elkguide

WKR
Having worked with both of your choices, I would consider the Cooper a definite step above in handling, accuracy and action and would definitely look there.

Dusty2426

WKR
I’ve owned 3 different calibers of ca a 300rum,30-06,300wm and 2 different fierce 7mag and 6.5-284 haven’t had luck with any of them. I’ve steered away from the carbon barrel trend all together.

Deere83

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve only had one Christensen arms rifle chambered in 6.5 creedmor and it worked very well for my 12 year old daughter this year so I’m not sure why they won’t work for some.

I bought the Fierce in 300 RUM last year. It is a really great rifle for the $$. I have a load worked up for now that has leveled off and I believe I have the right Node. I have rung steel quite easily out past 1200. Even with the radial break it has a solid kick to it. Not bad, but noticeably more than my Browning 300 WM that is also breaked.
I liked the Fierce rifle enough to order another one. This time I went with the Nosler 28. I opted for the carbon barrel and LR stock to blend the Edge model with the Fury LR and keep my weight down from my Rum. I did not get all the accessories to keep costs down. Things like bipod, load work up, Boyd Case and custom turret. Those things alone saved me around $1200. Plus I am putting my own scope on it.

I too looked at Gunwerks but c'mon man. That's just crazy money. CA is about the same as Fierce (same guys original), but other than local reviews on here, I heard mixed results from their stuff. Both companies are only 1.5 hrs from me.

I don't like the Monte Carlo type stock on the edge. I prefer a more vertical grip and higher cheek weld when using the 50mm Obj scopes.
I wish the trigger was a lil more sensitive. I have loosened mine up to 1.5 lbs.
I did add a cheek riser and the eye relief obtaining target is now less effort
Cant say enough good things about the action/bolt- super silky and smooth.

I think their action (Sako) is a great and smooth action.

264win

WKR
Having owned 2 CA rifles and currently shooting a fierce 300 win mag, I would suggest the fierce.
For me at least it has several features that put it a step above.
.5 moa target with factory ammo
70* bolt throw
3 position safety
All metal detachable mag holds 4 rounds in mag calibers and is flush with the stock.

OP

1signguy

WKR
Okay I think I will order a Fierce... I am really thinking about just pulling the trigger on one of their already set up and dialed in guns with an NXS...

Man if u got the coin it takes alot of the work out of it.
I kinda have some of the same questions as you and not 100% sure what I'd choose. Although I feel th nsx is solid I dont think a guy needs 22 power and it weighing the rifle down.
I've shot a fixed 10 to 800 easy as pie.
I'd be more interested in the Shv 4.5-14 but idk if its gonna be as bomb proof.

I’ve heard nothing but good reviews on the CA Mesa and Ridgeline guns. They is also a significant price difference between Fierce and CA?

noexcuses

FNG
I am in the same boat lol, CA Ridgeline or fierce Fury. 300 Win mag or 300 Rum lol. I just ordered the SWFA 3-15x42 so at least I have that decision out of the way, not saying its the best or right one lol.

OP

1signguy

WKR
I have an NXS already and absolutely love it... The thing is bomb proof! So no brainer to stick with what I already know and love.

carter33

WKR
I have the fierce Edge in .338 winmag and it has been a great rifle for the couple years iv had it. It shoots factory Barnes well under 1moa with bag and bipod and have had hit the 1/2 moa off a sled. The fit and finish has been great as well, I did mess up a front swivel stud and the customer service from fierce was solid when I sent it in. I currently have it listed in the guns classified along with a NXS 3.5-15 on tally rings as a package. Shameless pitch. Have a custom in the works.

My father has the Mesa and on his first large trip with it one of the action screws came loose and threw off his zero. Other than that problem the rifle has been awesome and he made a great shot on a caribou at 500yds so it is also definitely a capable rifle.

fatbacks

WKR
Picked up a Fierce Edge this week in 300 WSM. Found it on clearance at Sportsman’s. Excited to see what it can do. Fit and finish seem top notch. Mounting scope and loading some ammo this weekend. Hope to get to the range next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk