Christensen Arms Ridgeline

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I've been helping a buddy set up his new Christensen Arms Ridgeline chambered in 26 Nosler. He went with Force Recon Tactical Scope Rings with Integrated Level from http://xtremehardcoregear.com and a VX6 3-18x50. Here are a few pictures of it set up. During barrel brake in, it shot a sub half minute group today with factory ammo.

IMG_20160320_150430_zps0foblhjy.jpg

IMG_20160320_115421_zpsp3bmikkj.jpg

IMG_20160321_130945_zpsgs7rnkwn.jpg

IMG_20160321_131218_zpsmb9ll03h.jpg

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Man, that was timing...I just posted a thread about picking a LR rifle and I am extremely interested in the Ridgeline. What made him go that route?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Actually three of my good buddies just bought these rifles (the other two are 300 win). They decided to get them due to the value. I don't know of a rifle out there offering so much for this price range. I've only shot this rifle 14 times so far since I just started doing the barrel brake in for him today, but I will say that I'm very impressed. This one weighed exactly 6lbs 10.2 oz before I put the 20 moa rail, rings, and scope on it. That's pretty dang good for a rifle with a 26" bull barrel, and a muzzle brake.

I think 1shotgear.com is going to be carrying them soon too!

Last edited:

mt100gr.

WKR
Justin, do you have an all-up weight for it? Also, which rail did you put on there and which Leupold?

mt100gr.

WKR
Thanks. One more question: what do you think of the CA muzzle brake as far as effectiveness , how's the recoil?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
The effectiveness is great. I just hate muzzle brakes that have ports on the bottom, because I like to shoot prone a lot. If it was my gun, I would replace it.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
You will have the option soon to get this break on all CA rifles. I have tested it and it's very efficient. Nice shooting Justin!
b50b47548b57c033f75cb73fd56a62c7.jpg

its a well balanced rifle. mine is in 300 ultra mag. my first push feed. not sure if i like that over a control round feed type, seems rough cycling, stiff like. but am still open with thoughts of it. almost three months in and still waiting for a custom ti scope base and nf atacr scope but have brass ready to send for load d. have loaded the 200gr hornady eldx's first. the new brake mentioned above is what i want for it and hope for all the effort loading it brings it........

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I only held one at the SLC Expo but seemed like a lot of gun for the price compared to going the titanium route. Good to hear someone on here is shooting one.

Jake20

FNG
I just bought this gun in 300 RUM. Looks sweet. Using a 6x24x50 viper pst. Plan on breaking her in this weekend.

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider
Bumping this up for more range reports and opinions good or bad. I am tempted to get one of these rifles in 300 win mag. All my google searches show positive reviews in the last year or two. Beyond that they seem to be hit or miss.

Do you fellows know if the 300 win mag has the same action length as the RUM? Does the advertised barrel length include the break or barrel length only?

I handled a 300 RUM this weekend in the store and felt nice and balanced but forgot to ask these question.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Ryan, when will the new CA brake be avalilable??

And are there ports on the bottom also; and why are the top holes threaded.

I am trying to decide between the sheer versatility of the 300WM or the all out sexy sweetness of the hot rod 26 Nosler--mule deer being the largest game this rifle will see.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
And are there ports on the bottom also; and why are the top holes threaded.

I am trying to decide between the sheer versatility of the 300WM or the all out sexy sweetness of the hot rod 26 Nosler--mule deer being the largest game this rifle will see.

No bottom ports. It threaded so you can plug them.