Christensen arms ridgeline

I ordered a 7mm from eurooptic. Just received it a week or 2 ago, rifle seems real nice, balanced very well. I'm hoping if it warms up to try some 168gr accubond lr's. I'm with greyghost, I'm not using the base that came with it. I'm going to cut a 1 piece NF base.

i agree on its balanced well. that was the first thing my dad said as well when he shouldered it.

Got out and did some quick load developing before a little snow came down. The 7mm really liked the 168 accubond lr's with retumbo. I'm going to try to get out again this week or coming weekend. Thus far I'm very happy, it's accurate 1/2 moa.

I just bought that 300win mag that went back and forth on here a few weeks ago. Never been shot is what I have been told. Need to get a scope for it yet, came with the "tinny" rail?

Not sure if I want to use that or go more traditional?

What do you guys have on there/

Hookem 74

FNG
Just got my 6.5 Creed Ridgline in yesterday, and trying to find bases for it is about to drive me crazy! Wanting to use the Leupold Dual Dovetail to keep it sleek and minimal, but standard Remington 700 will not work due to the mounting holes in the receiver being the same distance apart, where a 700 is different, and also flat on the back. Christensen suggestion was to use two fronts, which I am worried about where the rings will be in relation to scope tube. Also, 8-40 threads, and all the bases come with #6.. Anybody else had and solved this issue?

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Just got done setting up a couple for some friends of mine. Really nice rifles.

4a449059e7005e0b4e6f1a4e5c8a8d2f.jpg

6d3a5a022b4b3d5726f9dc6c337805f3.jpg

8a11dce554f0589b20dc7e08c9f7e434.jpg

2b4d8f8befabf13a8636b2f5c8a88842.jpg

Hookem 74

FNG
I apparently received a 2015 rifle in which they did not include with the rifle.. I found some 8-40's proper length, have two front Leupold dual dovetail on it for now.. just like the simplicity and "minimalist" look of it. Haven't had a chance to shoot yet though.. this being an adult thing and not getting to play enough sucks! Thanks for the info guys!

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
That used to be true, Christensen Arms will rebarrel your action with their barrel in your cal of choice for $750, you either send your barreled action or entire rifle, it's an option on their website. They will also inlet your stock for the barrel and bed the action if you want all for less then $1200.

I've been thru that website quite a bit lately and I've not seen that anywhere. Can you point me to it? I'm extra find of Winchester M70's and would like to try one of these carbon barrels.

dotman

WKR
Interesting, seems like their components ordering page is gone now. You may want to just call them.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
They still do it, just had this conversation with them last week. They will also have their online store back up in the next few week.

deadwolf

WKR
I know this has been debated and discussed to no end, but I'm certain I'm getting one of these in 300wsm or 7mm. I was all in on the 7mm, but the short action has been really looking good to me. A little lighter and 2" shorter overall. And it would seem ballistically they are very similar. High BC bullets available for both. I hate the decision game! Any thoughts fellas?

Get a 28 or 30 nosler over those 2 choices. I have the 26 inch barrel on my 26 nosler. With the ridgeline it's so balanced, you can't tell it's that long.

deadwolf

WKR
Have thought about the win mag too, but I own one already and won't be looking to shoot over a 180-190gr. And do the 30 Noslers have a shortened barrel life like I hear about the RUM? This rifle will be from sheep up to elk and that's it, I don't think I'll need the horsepower of a rum or 30 nosler, though they both look pretty intriguing.

The 30 nosler is not an over bore cartridge. It's just more efficient than some of the other 30 cals. Performs the same as 300 WBY while using less powder and having less recoil.

deadwolf

WKR
Done deal, 300wsm home in the safe. Got a great deal at Sportsmans as well. Looking forward to getting it setup and dialed in!

I have to get a scope picked out.LOL My above post was supposed to be talley rail. Then again I need to get the dies, brass and powder also. Between the 300wsm and 308 none of the powders really cross over to the 300 winny.

More options added to my reloading supplies. :)