Christensen arms ridgeline

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wonder what kind of tinkering and dollars it would cost to get 1/2"? Be interesting to see what Cooper prices their 92 Backcountry at...

mt100gr.

WKR
The Cooper 92 (model number for this rifle is its weight in ounces) is new at SHOT this week! It's been in the works since SHOT time last year. Intriguing. And in magnum calibers.

Robby has had it on his radar for awhile and, with any luck, will be getting the scoop and reporting to us in a few days. Cooper's face book page had a quick peek a while back too.

JP100

WKR
Wonder what kind of tinkering and dollars it would cost to get 1/2"? Be interesting to see what Cooper prices their 92 Backcountry at...

Probably not much. Ive shot 3 Tikkas that shoot 1/2 with the right hand loads. Hand loads can make a huge difference with no real cost just abit of time finding what works

Fantastic rifle. Shoots just like you would think a Christianson would. One of the best priced rifles out there. I've got a buddy who has one and it's an insane tack driver

hope to echo this.... 300 rum on its way as well as dies etc....will be interesting as i never have pulled the trigger on a rum. im sure the muzzle brake will keep its home.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
The muzzle brake DEFINITELY will stay on with that cannon haha. Nice setup. It's an amazing rifle.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
hope to echo this.... 300 rum on its way as well as dies etc....will be interesting as i never have pulled the trigger on a rum. im sure the muzzle brake will keep its home.

Just an FYI, Bertram sold a bunch of 300 rum brass to HSM. If you can find it, buy it!

Just an FYI, Bertram sold a bunch of 300 rum brass to HSM. If you can find it, buy it!

no luck finding this brass yet but i did score 180 pieces of new in box hornady same lot. was hoping it would be enough for the barrel life. id like to find another couple hundred for the next. thoughts on hornady rum brass? ive used it for only one other gun with no problems a 416 rigby but thats a different beast. thanks

I'm considering one of these in a 7 mag. Would like to hear more after you do some shooting.

For a heads up... The 2016 version will have a few changes, $600 price increase, stainless muzle brake rather than ti, 8-40 scope base screws rather than 6-48's 2 sling studs up front rather than one. I wont be able to report on mine for a few weeks. Still need a one piece base for it and need to decide if im re tapping for 8-40's or not. The above was stated to me by them.

Last edited:
Hey fellas, came across your thread about the Ridgeline and I had to join so I could tell you about mine. I purchased one chamber in 7mm Rem Mag the end of Nov. I currently have only 25 rnds through it. The last 3 printed a .561 center to center group. This was with some handloads that I had made for a different rifle. So with some powder ladder testing and playing with the seating depth it should easily go under 1/2 MOA.

OP
Steakngravy
Good hear about how well it shoots , an above post has stated the price wlll increase another 600 , it was an attractive buy at 1950 then it went to 2150 if it's now going to around 2700 I'm out on this one, moving to a custom titanium and proof barrel

Check GunBroker, bunch on there for $1,950.

have not shot mine yet. feels nice, balances well in hand. have to say id move on for a custom with there price increase. the under $2g price tag is what made it attractive to me. my opinion with the price increase and changes made are bs.... should have had 8-40 scope base screws to begin with, really my only complaint with not shooting it yet. probly will load sum up tonite but still need a scope base. not using the 2 piece that came with it. sending some measurements to murphy for a one piece ti 20 moa base. eurooptic has some left as well in the 2015 config.......

I ordered a 7mm from eurooptic. Just received it a week or 2 ago, rifle seems real nice, balanced very well. I'm hoping if it warms up to try some 168gr accubond lr's. I'm with greyghost, I'm not using the base that came with it. I'm going to cut a 1 piece NF base.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEastID