Christensen arms ridgeline

deadwolf

WKR
Going with another Vortex, Viper HS LR 4-16x50 with dead hold bdc. I always WANT something ultra lightweight, but I can't give up the features I want in a scope!
21ozs isn't terrible, but it's no 10oz Leupold ultralight either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hookem 74

FNG
Going with another Vortex, Viper HS LR 4-16x50 with dead hold bdc. I always WANT something ultra lightweight, but I can't give up the features I want in a scope!
21ozs isn't terrible, but it's no 10oz Leupold ultralight either.

The Vortex balances pretty good on the Ridgeline.
View attachment 35528

deadwolf

WKR
They came with the rifles, so I'm not sure. I believe they are made by Talley.

Justin, are you getting any clearance issues with the bolt handle and those scopes? I'm looking at getting the Extreme hardcore gear recon rings and wondering what size you're using there?

Thanks

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Justin, are you getting any clearance issues with the bolt handle and those scopes? I'm looking at getting the Extreme hardcore gear recon rings and wondering what size you're using there?

Thanks

Of the three Ridgelines that I have set up for my buddies, two of them have the "low" Force Recon rings. One of the scopes is a VX6 3-18x50, and the other one is a Nightforce SHV 5-20x56. Neither scope has clearance issues.

llhytrek

FNG
I have had mine for a year now and I ran into some issues. They claim 4 rounds will find in magazine but only 3 will fit. The last cartridge in the magazine has trouble feeding and a Berger bullet will not feed no matter how deep you seat the bullet. After seating Hornady and Nosler bullets deeper than I would like they feed but not with out effort. The accuracy was not as expected had to do a lot of work loading to get one that would shoot near 1". I like everything else about the rifle, great balance, good looks etc.

WyoElk

WKR
I have had mine for a year now and I ran into some issues. They claim 4 rounds will find in magazine but only 3 will fit. The last cartridge in the magazine has trouble feeding and a Berger bullet will not feed no matter how deep you seat the bullet. After seating Hornady and Nosler bullets deeper than I would like they feed but not with out effort. The accuracy was not as expected had to do a lot of work loading to get one that would shoot near 1". I like everything else about the rifle, great balance, good looks etc.

What caliber are you shooting? Might be worth a call to Christensen. I can feed the Berger factory ammo through mine without issue and it’s long (3.600 COAL). No accuracy issues with mine either. I usually only put 2 in the magazine so I honestly have no idea how many it can take.

llhytrek

FNG
6.5 PRC The tip of the bullet catches at the top of the feeding ramp where there is a small flat surface. If you only have one cartridge in the magazine you get the same thing.