Christensen arms ridgeline

Anyone know how this lower end carbon rifle shoots? Cabelas has them 1949.00 .still a lot of money but pretty reasonable for a carbon 300 rum, just can't find any feedback on them anywhere

Last edited by a moderator:

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Fantastic rifle. Shoots just like you would think a Christianson would. One of the best priced rifles out there. I've got a buddy who has one and it's an insane tack driver

OP
Steakngravy
thinking I might pick one up and give it a whirl, most carbon barrels that are ready to screw on would be 1200 after chambering and threading I handled one at my local cabelas and left thinking that's was a whole lot of value for a 6.5 pound 300 rum with a titanium brake, its still some serious coin no doubt but I don't know of a lighter long range heavy hitter for 2k ,if I pick one up I will post some results

dotman

WKR
thinking I might pick one up and give it a whirl, most carbon barrels that are ready to screw on would be 1200 after chambering and threading I handled one at my local cabelas and left thinking that's was a whole lot of value for a 6.5 pound 300 rum with a titanium brake, its still some serious coin no doubt but I don't know of a lighter long range heavy hitter for 2k ,if I pick one up I will post some results

That used to be true, Christensen Arms will rebarrel your action with their barrel in your cal of choice for $750, you either send your barreled action or entire rifle, it's an option on their website. They will also inlet your stock for the barrel and bed the action if you want all for less then $1200.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
You add up the price of an action, a legit stock, and the barrel and that Ridgeline is still priced pretty decently... especially if you have Cabela's bucks, points, etc....
Action, $400-$500
Stock, $400-$600+
$800-$900 for the barrel / install
A few bucks for misc parts and shipping
Gets ya pretty dang close to the price.. Yeah?

dotman

WKR
You add up the price of an action, a legit stock, and the barrel and that Ridgeline is still priced pretty decently... especially if you have Cabela's bucks, points, etc....
Action, $400-$500
Stock, $400-$600+
$800-$900 for the barrel / install
A few bucks for misc parts and shipping
Gets ya pretty dang close to the price.. Yeah?

I completely agree, only time it would be worth it is you already have the action and stock you really like. That Cabelas deal is going to be hard to beat for an overall package.

I would only buy a gun from cabelas if they were the only ones who had it. They are always more expensive than most any of the competition. Amazes me to see the lines of people buying guns there. Sportsmans is 20 minutes away here in phoenix, and they are consistently 10% or more cheaper on firearms.

one thing to consider if the carbon barrel is your main interest is it is not the same barrel as what is on there higher priced rifles. learning this from there techs on the phone hence the 1 moa rather than 1/2. they also stated all the actions are based off CIP standards. id rather one of these than a kimber for the similar $ guess its either push feed or crf that takes the nod, not to forget fierce just released a 1/2 gun the fury for $1999 wich has there version of sako's 85 action with remington style scope base holes on top rather than sako's proprietary base with metal detach mag. either way both would be great i think for sub $2k.

OP
Steakngravy
yeah may look around some more . mainly hunting elk in steep country in Colorado backpack style and just cant decide if I want long range capable rig or the lightest thing I can find , elevation can kick butt so I am all over the place on this search .

OP
Steakngravy
seemed pretty lite in the rum caliber lightest I could find anyway. was thinking sub 8 pound ultra mag might cover most bases but idk there may be better options out there for the money