Check out this beast!

OP
hunt'n'photos
Here is one I took some pics of a few years ago. I know the guy that shot it. It was in the 80's here in AK in an "obscure" sheep area. One of those Dall Sheep that should have been a Bighorn.

Snyd, that is a beautiful ram too! I think if I ever shot a full curl double broomer I would just hunt them with a camera after that... Not much of a way to top it!

That is a beast... but may i suggest that you will never get away with using the term "fondling this old stud" in any other context hahaha

Definitely not! ;-)

That is truly an AMAZING ram! Congrats to the hunter, and thanks for sharing. That's the stuff dreams are made of right there...

paddlehead

Lil-Rokslider
My brother has a late Chugach tag....... I hope he can find something big. Doubt he will find anything even remotely this big, but that is what dreams are made of!

OP
hunt'n'photos
Nice! That is a dream tag! Is your brother in Alaska? If so I can take him on a flight through the area prior to the hunt. Always good to get an idea of access routes and terrain prior to the hunt.

paddlehead

Lil-Rokslider
No he is not in Alaska. We have both worked in AK, and it is a dream to one day live there. He lives in Montana. He drew on only his second year applying.... He is using up all his good luck this year. He shot a good ram and a grizzly last year, and put in just on a whim and drew! He couldnt believe it! Then he drew a Montana bighorn tag with only 4 points!!!! It will be a ton of fun mounting his sheep for him. I'm going to try and talk him into a double pedestal for his two Dalls, given he is successful. He should kill a great Bighorn too, but not sure what he wants to do with that yet.

Akshphntr

FNG
Guys i wish there was a museum for sheep trophies. That beast from the wrangells, the 46 inch ram from the brooks the huge tma ram and this one, i would love to see but never will know what happened to the trophy. That is truly a special ram.