Cheap Arrows

dlee56

WKR
Can anyone recommend a surprisingly good really cheap carbon shaft they like? I prefer .204's but open to anything.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Keep an eye on CamoFire. They rotate an archery day and have been some great shaft deals lately.

Blemished Gold Tip Traditional Classics are a great value if you want a wood look .204" shaft and don't mind the (usually minor) cosmetic blemishes. 3 Rivers currently has the ±.006" version for $80/dozen bare.

Last edited:

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using the gold tip classic blems as mentioned above. I have 3 dozen of the 500 spine still left. Switched it up and tried some gt warriors for standard diameters and footed them with a 2117. Lighter overall build, but i haven’t broke one yet. Those 2 arrows have me spoiled for life. I honestly prolly won’t even try any other combos because they both just flat out work.

bowhuntercoop

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone recommend a surprisingly good really cheap carbon shaft they like? I prefer .204's but open to anything.
Also one nice thing about the gold tip classics is the inset/outset system is the strongest on the market. They weigh around 75 grains and are very strong. An Easton hit with the footer over the head is another reliable option.

LostArra

WKR
Blemished Gold Tip Traditional Classics are a great value if you want a wood look .204" shaft and don't mind the (usually minor) cosmetic blemishes. 3 Rivers currently has the ±.006" version for $80/dozen bare.
This ^^^^
Good prices on ebay too. I got my last stash from a guy in Iowa.

mattflint

FNG
Im shooting skylon arrows right now for barebow. Can get a dozen .166 shafts with .001 tolerance for 60 bucks on alternative. Will likely use these shafts with glue in/glue on adapters from ethics for hunting season

oldgoat

WKR
Im shooting skylon arrows right now for barebow. Can get a dozen .166 shafts with .001 tolerance for 60 bucks on alternative. Will likely use these shafts with glue in/glue on adapters from ethics for hunting season
So I looked those up on alternative, but they don't say the total length or gpi, at least not that I could see or find

mattflint

FNG
So I looked those up on alternative, but they don't say the total length or gpi, at least not that I could see or find
Scroll down farther I think…. Or maybe I just googled the skylon site to view that stuff. I swear that its on alternative though. Let me go take a gander.
Yeah theres a size selection chart that you can click. My internet is being slow so it didnt load but Im sure I saw gpi info there.
I currently have a dozen .500 skylon radius that Ive shot the crap out of with no complaints, a dozen brixxon .450s Ive not fletched yet but have shot bare a bit with no issues and dozen brux23 .400s that are real nice.
Im really jacked about these arrows. I cant find any issue with them whatsoever. Most diameters are offered in 2 different carbons. Idk if theres a noticeable difference.
I may switch to x7s for indoors but for micros these will be my jam until I find reason for them not to be. I can get 3.5 dozen for the price of my x impacts.

Last edited:

oldgoat

WKR
Scroll down farther I think…. Or maybe I just googled the skylon site to view that stuff. I swear that its on alternative though. Let me go take a gander.
Yeah theres a size selection chart that you can click. My internet is being slow so it didnt load but Im sure I saw gpi info there.
I currently have a dozen .500 skylon radius that Ive shot the crap out of with no complaints, a dozen brixxon .450s Ive not fletched yet but have shot bare a bit with no issues and dozen brux23 .400s that are real nice.
Im really jacked about these arrows. I cant find any issue with them whatsoever. Most diameters are offered in 2 different carbons. Idk if theres a noticeable difference.
I may switch to x7s for indoors but for micros these will be my jam until I find reason for them not to be. I can get 3.5 dozen for the price of my x impacts.
Yeah, I went to their sight and found the lengths and gpi, should of thought of that to begin with, duh! Thanks man, doubt I'll try them as I try to buy from rmsgear since they are my local shop and I can try before I buy to see if they tune, but I like learning what's out there! I have a 31" draw so always looking what's out there because so many arrows don't come long enough full length.

Used to shoot the gold tip blems for practice and such. Always hunted with carbon express heritage.

The last two dozen I’ve ordered have been big Jim’s dark timber arrows. Pretty darn tough arrows and I’m impressed by them. I really like them. I prefer a darker shaft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk