Chassis Input

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
My wife has a 6.5 CM Christensen Mesa that she hunts with. We predominately backpack hunt and she has some shoulder and neck issues that make using a sling or hand carrying her rifle for long periods of time very uncomfortable. Currently she straps the rifle to her pack but it is a bit long and unwieldy in it's current form. She hunts with a CGS Hyperion K suppressor so there is some added length there as well. We were considering cutting the barrel down to 16" and putting the action into an XLR Element 4.0 so that she can fold the stock and strap it to her pack. She doesn't shoot past 500 yards (and only this distance at the range, self imposed 400 yard max in the field) so my limited research tells me we won't lose enough velocity to affect bullet performance.

Does this seem like a good solution?

Any details we should be considering before investing in this?

Any other mfrs we should be considering?

XFrog

FNG
Did something similar for my kid. RebarreId a remmy 243 with a 6.5 mesa take off. I would do 18" on the creed if you use factory H ELDX. There is a far less loss from 22" to 20" and to 18". From 18" to 16" in hornady exld 143 real measured velocity from my gun CA Mesa. Was a 170fps loss average. Only 90 fps from 22" to 18". Has to do with powder burn in that loading. Ended up getting another take off barrel and cutting to 18". It is 1/2" shooter at 18" with H 123SST. 5/8" with the ELDX 143 at 2520 ish. I got a LW chassis for it but found out quick they get heavy with the add ons. (Grip, handguard, sling mounts, stock, butt pad etc) ended up getting a Stocky's carbon VG2 and comes with a limbsaver pad. It is about the weight of a postcard. 450$ too. Shortened the lop 1.5". Can add spacers later if needed. I strap hers muzzle down with QD suppressor on the side of the pack.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If I was in your shoes I would cut it down to 18 inches and make sure you have the folding adapter so you can reduce the overall length even more. I would also get one of the below adapters for when she has it off her pack and wants her hands free! Thats what I am currently running and really like it!

NSI

WKR
If I was in your shoes I would cut it down to 18 inches and make sure you have the folding adapter so you can reduce the overall length even more. I would also get one of the below adapters for when she has it off her pack and wants her hands free! Thats what I am currently running and really like it!

Could we get a pic of what that looks like on your person? I’m having trouble imagining where the male attachment goes for balance.

-J

parshal

WKR
I was gonna post about the OBI, too. I have them on everything. He has QD adapters as well so you can move those around.

Here's some pictures showing mounting.

Reactions: NSI