Cerakoting a barrel question?

GKPrice

Banned
20moa rail wouldn't be a hindrance. I prefer pic rails over the Tikka "rail" system. Also there are alot more choices for rings that mount up to pic rails. I haven't tried Tally rings, but I destroy the Warn Maximas. The problem is you can't torque the bases down over 25 inch pounds due to the design. I use all Seekins Precision rings now.

Every Tikka that I have or have set up for anyone else wears the Mountain Tactical pic rail, unless being used as a sledge hammer I can't imagine how they'd ever fail - Leupold PRW rings don't fail that I've seen or heard of

OP
colersu22

colersu22

WKR
I picked up the rifle this morning and will be dropping it off at the smith to have the cerakote and break installed next Friday. He said should be 2-3 week turn around so I have time to decide what I am doing with the stock.

Thanks rokslide for all the info to help me get this done.

MIKEYB

WKR
Do we have a site sponsor that does cerakoting? Any reputable sources for such a service?

OP
colersu22

colersu22

WKR
I don't think so. I am having nw armswerkes do the work, Brett comes highly recommended from a few buddies and forums in Wa.

willidru

WKR
If you going to spend a couple hundred on dipping the stock you may want to look at getting a new stock that has color or pattern already. I have a Tikka 300 WIN Mag and the stock is not very good in my opinion. May cost a couple hundred more than dipping, but you will get performance improvement along with good looking stock.

Nuke Man

WKR
Every Tikka that I have or have set up for anyone else wears the Mountain Tactical pic rail, unless being used as a sledge hammer I can't imagine how they'd ever fail - Leupold PRW rings don't fail that I've seen or heard of

That's for sure man. My Tikka ' s all have mountain tactical bases. You really need some solid rings like the Leupys or Seekins on those magnum calibers.

OP
colersu22

colersu22

WKR
I just ordered the mountain tactical 20MOA rail and I was looking at the leupold PRW low rings but need to wait to order them until I figure out what I am doing for optics.

98fba46fa79b5c523f0642f87634d12d.jpg
d6363ac01b4d00f88d98403ff861a398.jpg

e2926407b982fd42ddecde6294385b82.jpg

Here's a Tikka T3 CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor that I just finished up Cerakoting for my buddy. The scope was mounted just for color comparison as it came off of my AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Danny is that scope mounted as high as it looks? Does your buddy use some cheek piece to get a good cheek weld and get a good soft picture? Just looking at how high thebobjrctive bell is from the stock that scopenlooks WAY up there. Likely just the picture making it appear that way I am sure.

Danny is that scope mounted as high as it looks? Does your buddy use some cheek piece to get a good cheek weld and get a good soft picture? Just looking at how high thebobjrctive bell is from the stock that scopenlooks WAY up there. Likely just the picture making it appear that way I am sure.

Lukey. You need to read the post.

- "The scope was mounted just for color comparison as it came off of my AR."

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Haha ok sorry coming off nights and woke up middle of the night to read this. But comprehension was never my strong suit.

OP
colersu22

colersu22

WKR
Well I had my mind set to have the stock dipped but after comments here to just paint it and talking to 2 local companies that hydro dip and basically being talked out of it by them I am just going to paint the stock. Off to the store to pick up some paint so I might post pics tonight if it turns out good.

The air dry cerakote is not very durable. A good applicator can do your stock in regular cerakote. If your interested you could pm me with what you have in mind and we can work something out. My new oven will be done soon.