Center Serving Separation

CB4

WKR
Anyone have a good way to prevent the center serving from separating when putting on a D loop? I have had it happen almost every time and it doesn't matter how tight I serve. I use bees wax on my D loop to help keep it in place.

Currently I use the easton D loop pliers and am thinking the D loop pliers with 3 prongs could help.

Generally pulling a d-loop too tight will cause serving separation.

With the Easton pliers you can put a bunch of tension on the loop, wax will allow more tension to transfer. I just snug the loops, if they need to be longer I'll use loop pliers, but otherwise I just let them self set. They don't need to be very tight.

If you are worried about d-loops moving around, tie some soft nocks in with serving.

If you are worried about d-loops moving around, tie some soft nocks in with serving.
I may be pulling on it to tight. I do use soft knots.

I may be pulling on it to tight. I do use soft knots.

Another option is to serve over your serving.

It will give you the permanent nock points, and gives a little more protection for your serving. Just need like 3/4" up and down of your nock point, apply loop over the double served area.

I don't do it, but some do.

With the Easton pliers you can put a bunch of tension on the loop, wax will allow more tension to transfer. I just snug the loops, if they need to be longer I'll use loop pliers, but otherwise I just let them self set. They don't need to be very tight.

I second this, what serving size are you using for the serving and what d-loop material? This can cause an issue as well

I second this, what serving size are you using for the serving and what d-loop material? This can cause an issue as well
I have used both Angel Majesty and BCY Powergrip. For D loop I use BCY #23.

It happens. Just re-serve it. Watch a YouTube video. It’s so easy a caveman can do it. (Just make sure you get the correct size to match your nocks).

It happens. Just re-serve it. Watch a YouTube video. It’s so easy a caveman can do it. (Just make sure you get the correct size to match your nocks).
Im confident in my serving ability. Not an expert but practiced quite a bit before doing it to actually use. More just curious if there was an advance tip or trick to help combat this. I will say I dont see a difference in accuracy as some claim.

I have used .021 as thats what the string company said they used. However I found the powergrip is slightly thicker and ordered that in .018 to try.
Might want to play around with the size and wax like I mentioned and maybe try is will help

Back