Cell service improvements on haul road?

thayerp81

FNG
I've got my offline maps downloaded and my inreach ready to go, but I've been curious if anyone has any firsthand experience with the cell service on the haul road this year, particularly the north slope portion. I read where there are a couple companies working with DNR and BLM and have been installing cell towers along the road. When I checked the at&t service map I was shocked to see that it shows amazingly full coverage on the north slope, looks the the whole road for minimum of about a mile on each side and in many areas looks like many miles out from the road. even a lot of coverage up the rivers where the airboats will be dropping people off.

Would love to hear any first-hand reports from this year, particularly AT&T users.

Alaska 4x4 Rentals

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
You get 5G reception at most of the pump stations and again a few miles out of Prudhoe on your way in. From Coldfoot to FBX, it's non existant. (I have AT&T, so not sure about Verizon or any other companies).

I had pretty decent reception with AT&T this year along the road around Slope Mountain. My friends with version did not. I even had service on high ground 5 miles out east of Slope Mountain. I had service at cold foot and Deadhorse

shmcleod

Lil-Rokslider
AT&T ONLY at pump station 3 and 2.other service at #4 and prudhoe bay

OP
thayerp81

thayerp81

FNG
at&t service was great between PS2 and 3, even out passed the 5 mile zone we were getting 1-2 bars everywhere.