Cataracts

Mosby

WKR
I'm due for new glasses so I went and got my eyes checked and found out that I have a cataract in my left eye.

Surgery will fix it. With glasses, I can see fine and because it's my left eye, it doesn't affect my shooting so I am going to roll with it for another year and see what it looks like next year. It does impact night driving though. I have noticed that glare bothers me more and evidently it's related to the cataract.

There was a time something like this would have really bothered me but I suprised myself. It's common, it's fixable and I probably don't need to do anything for 3-5 years or so, unless I decide otherwise. Not a big deal....but I am glad I went and had my eyes checked. Now I know and I can deal with it in my own timeframe. One thing I've learned is that it can always be a lot worse. Be thankful for what it isn't.

EdP

WKR
There is a lot of development work being done on improved IOL (intraocular lens) designs. The goal being to restore the ability of the eye to change the shape of the lens instead of having just one focal length. You may want to do some research on what lenses are available and what is being developed or has been developed and is in FDA review. There could be a significant benefit to waiting a few years depending on your situation. I will say that I could not wait due to cataract progression degrading my vision and I am much better off now even with the single focal length lens implants.

BCSojourner

Lil-Rokslider
Headed for the surgery myself. Like you, not quite there yet. My wife had both eyes done about a year ago and she now has full vision without need for any corrective lenses-a first for her since she was about 6 years old.