Catalan/French Pyrenees

UPnorth

FNG
My wife and I were fortunate enough to spend a few days in the Catalan and French Pyrenees last week. I thought all you fellow mountain lovers might enjoy a few pictures from a different continent. Enjoy!

P1030215 (1024x768) (2).jpgP1030221 (1024x768).jpgP1030282 (1024x768).jpgP1030180 (1024x768).jpg

Rolled through there with the family a month ago myself- but mostly Germany for us.

It was nice to see a box blind on almost every field......I was under the impression there is very little hunting over there.

There's supposedly some very good hunting in the Massif Central for chamois. Unfortunately, I was unable to partake when I lived over there. I'm hoping to change that a few years down the line.

Seems like there was a bike race some where over there. :)

Thanks for sharing the pics.

I've heard they have a small event from time to time. :)

From the little I've read on the hunting it sounds like there are some good opportunities if you've got lots of cash to burn. Not something I'll be doing anytime soon. We were in the Eastern Pyrenees and the Pyrenean Chamois seemed to be very prevalent. Not much else around for big game in the area we were in.

Back