Casper/Natrona County

WKR
A lot of Wyoming’s growth over the years has been boom/bust surges. Some of it has also been service related jobs in tourist communities. The service jobs might stay, but the people filling them come and go.

What Wyoming has little of is the type of permanent growth associated with industry, manufacturing, Silicon Valley, etc. When it comes to making a living here, it can be tough to find your niche.

I mentioned I’m a cop and my wife works at the bank. Those are “good” jobs and we’ve found our niche. But there are only so many of those jobs available and the turnover isn’t that great. It’s worth repeating, it’s not impossible to make it in Wyoming, but it can be tough to find your niche.

Want the best chance of finding a good job in Wyoming, whenever, wherever? Registered Nurse. Seems like many communities can’t get enough.

Last edited:
A lot of Wyoming’s growth over the years has been boom/bust surges. Some of it has also been service related jobs in tourist communities. The service jobs might stay, but the people filling them come and go.

What Wyoming has little of is the type of permanent growth associated with industry, manufacturing, Silicon Valley, etc. When it comes to making a living here, it can be tough to find your niche.

I mentioned I’m a cop and my wife works at the bank. Those are “good” jobs and we’ve found our niche. But there are only so many of those jobs available and the turnover isn’t that great. It’s worth repeating, it’s not impossible to make it in Wyoming, but it can be tough to find your niche.

Want the best chance of finding a good job in Wyoming, whenever, wherever? Registered Nurse. Seems like many communities can’t get enough.

That’s no kidding I looked thinking I’ll find work where ever the wife does as an er nurse turns out just about every town with a hospital is hiring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinMartinez1

Lil-Rokslider
Not the Casper area but i did just buy some property out in Fremont county. Pretty excited as I’m from Michigan. Planning on building and relocating there hopefully within two years

OP
cofen380

cofen380

Lil-Rokslider
Not the Casper area but i did just buy some property out in Fremont county. Pretty excited as I’m from Michigan. Planning on building and relocating there hopefully within two years

What made you guys choose Fremont county? Also could I ask why you chose to build instead of buying a home?

KevinMartinez1

Lil-Rokslider
What made you guys choose Fremont county? Also could I ask why you chose to build instead of buying a home?

I just like the area. close to lander which was my first option then Cody/powell was second but it’s a little more expensive so i bought 24 minutes outside of Riverton. With what i do for work i can pretty much live anywhere since I’d have to travel regardless. I chose to build for the sake of being able to tailor everything exactly how i want

OP
cofen380

cofen380

Lil-Rokslider
I just like the area. close to lander which was my first option then Cody/powell was second but it’s a little more expensive so i bought 24 minutes outside of Riverton. With what i do for work i can pretty much live anywhere since I’d have to travel regardless. I chose to build for the sake of being able to tailor everything exactly how i want

That’s awesome. We weren’t able to make it to Lander on our recent trip out there, but Cody was a really cool area and we liked it a lot too. Casper is still looking like it fits the best for us as of right now.

KevinMartinez1

Lil-Rokslider
That’s awesome. We weren’t able to make it to Lander on our recent trip out there, but Cody was a really cool area and we liked it a lot too. Casper is still looking like it fits the best for us as of right now.

Lander is awesome. Little mountain town. I don’t mind Casper i looked there as well but id rather home be a bit more west