Case trimmer?

EVO6

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have good luck with a go to case trimmer that isn’t breaking the bank?

Little Crow Gunworks WFT2 is a fine option if you're doing anything in bulk (308, 223, etc.).

Dcaccia

FNG
Wct (worlds cheapest trimmer) works well too. Similar design to wft. Figured I try one for the price. Ended up liking it much more than the lathe style trimmers. They sell em on eBay.

Rock-o

WKR
Somebody mentioned the Forster which I like, as well as the LE Wilson (Sinclair or not, both good).

Been my favorite +-.0005 consistency, just did 50 ADG win mag brass to 2.600 and all of it measured 2.600 to 2.599

I also got the power drill adapter, makes quick work. But this might be breaking the bank.

mvrk28

WKR
I have been using Frankford Arsenal’s universal case trimmer and have no complaints. Only downfall is you still have to chamfer and debur after. I know there are some trimmers that do it all in one operation.

Sawfish

Lil-Rokslider
I have two Forster trimmers. One was purchased when I started reloading in the late sixties. Both are still going strong after trimming thousands of cases. Not the fastest, but relatively inexpensive, accurate and durable. Some years ago, I purchased aftermarket pilots that chamfered and deburred the cases as part of the trimming operation. These are definitely worth having.

I have several, but keep going back to the Lee case trimmer which I think they actually call it a Lee case length gauge. Buy one trimmer and lock stud (about $8), then purchase the gauge and shellholder for your particular cartridge (comes together for about $8) . Fast (chuck it in a drill), simple, and you can't trim too much off.

Last edited:

Trigger06

FNG
I've been using the super cheap Lee set for a while now on 223 and 308, but I also just bought the RCBS trim pro 2 and added their vld 3-way head to reduce time chamfering and deburring. It is a little "fiddley" to set up for a different cartridge, but it works well once you get it going. I bought an attachment to run it with my drill and it'll go through a good amount of cases pretty quick.

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
RCBS case trimmer with a milwaukee 1/2" electric drill attached to make it powered.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just have a Lyman universal, it’s a pain in the ass to adjust but works fine. Once its set up for the length you want I can get through a bunch of cases fairly quickly.