Cartridge minimums

The Alaska thread has me wondering how many guys have actually gotten busted, or allowed minimum caliber requirements to influence their rifle choice?
I don’t hunt a ton but between myself and the guys I know it comes out to a fair amount of days in the field. No one I know not myself has ever been checked.

I doubt many will incriminate themselves on a public forum, if they didn’t let minimum caliber requirements effect their choice.

I’ve never been checked in Alaska, but I would guess that a place like Colorado or California might be different.

I always follow the law, but of all the times I have had an interaction with a park ranger or game warden, they sometimes check license, they sometimes check if ammo is non-lead (non-toxic shot on wildlife refuges)

But they have never checked the caliber of any of my guns, or the draw weight of my bow when bow-hunting.

Legend

WKR
The Alaska thread has me wondering how many guys have actually gotten busted, or allowed minimum caliber requirements to influence their rifle choice?
I don’t hunt a ton but between myself and the guys I know it comes out to a fair amount of days in the field. No one I know not myself has ever been checked.
How long have you been a game warden? You need to be a little more sly.

I’ve never been checked in Alaska, but I would guess that a place like Colorado or California might be different.

One of our local wardens in Colorado asked to see one of my rounds last year.

That was a first, other than having shotgun shells checked for steel/lead.