Carrying a rifle on an ATV

chaza402

FNG
I drew a nice 3rd season rifle tag in CO. This unit is best traveled on an atv/ sxs. I only have my trusty 97 Foreman 400. I’ve never had to worry about long rides hauling a rifle in this state as I’m usually in the truck or out hauling it with my pack.
CO requires it be in a case during travel. Do you guys have any suggestions. I have a nice SKB case I could strap on the racks but I hate leaving it around unattended while I’m off glassing or chasing an animal.
I was thinking about a soft case slung over my back but they are either extremely expensive or cheap AF.
Do any of yall have any recommendations?
Thanks!

jolemons

WKR
I used to use a cheap soft case and bought a CaribouGear sleeve to try this year. I just needed something to keep mud and dust controlled when on the front of an atv. Haven't tried it, but I like the concept and the quality seems good.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

I either bunjeed it in a single hard rifle case to the front of my Polaris sportsman or I'd have it strapped to your pack (so when you stand up to go over rough terrain it's not getting jarred around) since you can't strap it to you pack I'd bunjee it in a hard case. (Although does one of those kuiu rifle sock type covers count as a case ?if it does you could strap that to you pack using that

hiker270

WKR
I used a relatively inexpensive soft case that had a sling on it the other year. I just felt my rifle had a softer ride on my back than strapped to the rack of my atv.